Zion Unit for mule deer

Welcome to the forum! That was my forest choice but didn’t draw... and I’m no help but look forward reading about it I hope! Good luck!

Every time I drive through there I come super close to nailing one with my vehicle, so there’s that....

Be prepared to see a lot of people. The unit has a ton of access so lots of people will be driving around. Gotta get out and hike. We have taken 2 decent bucks out of there the last 2 years and I have another tag there this year. Good luck!

Our family has tags for this region as well. We are from northern Utah, and have never hunted this unit. Can anyone give us an idea where to start? We are heading down this weekend to check things out. We are taking the rhino, so suggestions with trails would be appreciated.

Our family has tags for this region as well. We are from northern Utah, and have never hunted this unit. Can anyone give us an idea where to start? We are heading down this weekend to check things out. We are taking the rhino, so suggestions with trails would be appreciated.

Welcome to HT!

Just drew this unit for 2021. Any fresh advice? Not looking for anyone's secret spot, just ideas on the best way to hunt the place.

Drew the Zion Hunt this year for mule deer. Looking for some tips on good areas to hunt. Thanks
If I had that tag again, I would spend a lot more time in the Elephant Butte area. Biggest mule deer I have have seen on the hoof.

I’ve been hunting zion unit/ area for over 20yrs. We usually hunt the dunes. Plan on seeing tons of deer and two hunters for every deer you see. That being said most guys road hunt and are successful. A lot small forks. Every year some good bucks are killed. This is a migration hunt. The weather can be hot, if it’s hot don’t plan on seeing much after the sun is up.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back