Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Youth weekend success

jvanhoy

Had a great morning with the boy. He got his first turkey with my old single shot 20ga that I killed my first deer with 32 years ago. He was super excited. Had turkeys all around us gobbling off the roost then they hit the ground and went quite like always. I told him we just needed to be patient and wait them out. About a hour and a half after fly down I heard them coming and he put a great shot on a Jake. Great times! 6377CD5E-7B84-4A65-8460-2D262A1ACDF9.png69C7CB7C-B07D-4108-AE50-A9D23A12CD03.png

Awesome way to start the VA season. I was down in the VA elk country and saw birds each day doing the pimp thing. Fine job of guiding by you and congrats to your son for adding more history to the shotgun. Good luck awaits you next Sat.

What county did you hunt in?

Awesome way to start the VA season. I was down in the VA elk country and saw birds each day doing the pimp thing. Fine job of guiding by you and congrats to your son for adding more history to the shotgun. Good luck awaits you next Sat.

What county did you hunt in?
Washington. I have land in Buchanan real close to the elk zone. A lot of great turkey hunting in VA.

I don’t mean to hijack your thread @jvanhoy, but I wanted to share my 1st 20 gauge. I shot my second deer with it in the early 90s. It’s a youth model Winchester. We are going to try to get my son his first turkey with it this spring.

View attachment 270740
That’s awesome. If you ever want to try VA let me know. Combo turkey/Braves game trip! They are looking pretty good so far. Tough first inning today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back