Youth Hog Hunt

meatinthepot

I have posted on here before for information on a hog hunt for my 9 yr old son and myself. I have been in contact with the Sweetwater Bowhunting Creek Ranch in Decatur Texas. I am close to putting together the hunt and just wanted to put out a request for feedback from anyone that has hunted the Ranch. Also if there are other outfits that anyone would suggest for me to look into. What I have been able to find out is that Texas is the only state that I can have my son hunt in at his age. If anyone else knows otherwise please let me know. The airline tickets to Texas will equal the hog fees so if I could find something closer that would be great!

Thanks.

Meatinthepot
[email protected]

I'm not sure what your looking for in a hog hunt. I have hog hunts but they're all in TX. I booked a hunter from this board on one of the hog hunts that I offer in TX and he loved it. You can read about his hunt in his post in this forum.
Read "TX hog trip was interesting to say the least..... " if you want to see how they did. You can call me toll free at 1-877-647-9926 or email me. They will run $150 per day, per hunter,(minimum 2 day booking), it is a semi guided hunt with a 2 hogs per day, per hunter limit, lodging included. Or if you want a fully guided hunt it is $350 per day, per hunter.

I went on SJs antelope hunt a month or two ago and there were lots of animals for a great price. We went 16 for 3 on that hunt, a depredation hunt!

This place has a lot of animals that you could each hunt for $250 each on the economy hunt and others for more money, year round, and would be fun and a good experience with your son probably, http://www.ntohunt.com/

Texas has no lower age limit on hunting. The paper here has 6 year olds posing with big deer in the fall, its amazing.

If you're travelling far, its good to get a place with a lot of animals to go to, I think. There are lots of different styles here too, so tell them what you want to do with your son. They'll tell you, what they have, then you can decide. Lots of parents here like sitting in a blind with their children, watching animals, trying to decide what to shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if they recommend that.

The only trouble with the blackbuck antelope doe hunt is that it is tough for the outfitter to make it work for just two people. He has a 4to5 hour drive himself just to get to the antelope ranch from his ranch.

Thanks for the responses, I left out that we are both Archers. He has been shooting since he was 3 and is very good. I just have the feeling that I need to get him out before he looses interest in walking around with me chasing the mulies. I am sure that it would be best that we were in a stand so that he can determine distances for accuracy. I really trying to lay some ground work with some positive experiences.

We are looking at hunting sometime during the months of October or November.

Thanks again.

Meatinthepot

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back