PEAX Equipment

You can take the dog out of the field...

dgibson

The Wife adopted a 2-3 year old beagle from a local animal shelter (don't get me started about THAT) so The Boys would have a buddy to chase. She wasn't intended to be a gun dog, just a family pet. But...The Wife took her out for a walk a couple of days ago and the dog spotted a half-grown rabbit in the yard. Off she went! She chased this rabbit, brought it back around to The Wife, then chased it up onto our porch and cornered it.
biggrin.gif
She then picked it up in her mouth, brought it to The Wife and offered it to her--soft mouth and all!
hump.gif

Of course, the wife being the timid person that she is, didn't want the rabbit so she made the dog let it go, after which it promptly took off to safer quarters.
rolleyes.gif
She said the dog looked at her like she was nuts.

So I guess I've got not only a rabbit dog, but a retrieving rabbit dog to boot!
cool.gif

My grandpa used to have a beagle/bird dog cross that he hunted rabbits with that would do the same thing! It was great for finding lost rabbits and it was big enough to kickt he poop out out of the others who were wanting a free meal. Chasing cottontails is a blast!

Beagles gotta love em. We would hunt state land for pheasants. Beagles run a pheasant just like a rabbit. Except pheasants run in a straight line. Pheasnats get in a big briar patch, and them fancy bird dogs just stand there and point. Beagles bust in and flush em. Pissed more than one fancy bird dog owner off.
Nut how did you guys make out with the dog you were looking at???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back