MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ya know what happens when ya get picky?

MULE

Well sometimes you come home with nuthin!

I passed up 7 bulls. one 4x5, four 4x4, one 3x3 and a spike. And when I say passed up I mean having the cros hairs steady on the boiler room and not shooting.

I decided to hold out for a nice 5x5 or better and the hunt almost ended first night. Had my cross hairs on a good one at about 310 yards and waited and waited and waited for the fugger to turn cuz his ass was pointed at me. Finally he turned and just as I was putting my finger on the trigger to shoot he turned back and stepped off this rim and that was that.

Next to last day came across a BIG fuggin 5x5 just as it was getting light enough to shoot but he was trotting acroos a brush patch on a hillside and was in the timber before I could get lined up on him.

Went after him last day and he showed with about 5 minutes of light left. A little over 600 yards. Tried to get closer. Got to a bench that was closer but couldn't see him cuz of the angle we had. Long story short ran out of light before I could get on him.

5x5 don't sound like much but this bastard had better length and spread than alot of 6x6 I have seen.

Oh well thats the breaks when you go "horn hunting" sometimes.

Rugged hunt. I felt like I had been steamrolled by the time we left the wilderness area we were packed into.

Hotter than hell the whole time. Definitely not elk hunting weather. Most huntin was done up above timberline in basins

A great and I don't feel bad about not punching the tag. The experience made it all worth while.

Gorgeous country. I'll try and get some pics up later

Sounds like you had a good time anyway and got to see a hell of a 5 pt.

How did the rest of the crew do?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Rugged hunt. I felt like I had been steamrolled by the time "WE" left the wilderness area we were packed into.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have an opportunity to get back up there this year?

Miller,

I went up with the guy who took me Mt. Goat hunting last year and his brother. I was the only one with a tag. Matter of fact I only saw one other hunter the whole time. Was pretty nice to be with a couple guys who know every nook and cranny of a place.

YOU needed a 4-wheeler
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Kudos on a fun hunt. Sounded like seen stuff which usually meens you had a good time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back