Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming

NDMuley

Finally made it to Wyoming. Start hunting in the am. Very excited to see what the day brings. Will post updates. Thanks to all that have helped with information.

Good luck . Hope you brought your warm clothes, lol.
The weather change should help your hunting.

So far it's been a blast. I have seen lots of goats just not 1 I want to shoot the 1st morning. Man this wind out here is crazy today. Going to have to get in close for a shot.

Filled 2 tags this morning. Nothing to write home about. As it turned out, I lost my main place to hunt so at least I had a plan B. The rancher said he didn't have many antelope. Plan B was a small piece of ground so I was pretty much limited to whatever was on the place which was a couple of small/dink bucks and maybe a dozen does. Thus I was relegated to being a meat hunter. Considering the weather now and coming up it was just as well. Unfortunately the locker is short handed so now we have to sit until Sunday. The one in Glenrock is full.

By sheer coincidence I ended up making the acquaintance of the author of this thread NDMuley. Stopped at the Safeway store in Douglas and he was doing the same. Chatting in the parking lot he said that he had tags for 2 different areas. So I mentioned HuntTalk and he said he was familiar with it. I asked if he posted and he said that he did. Small world sometimes.

Filled 2 tags this morning. Nothing to write home about. As it turned out, I lost my main place to hunt so at least I had a plan B. The rancher said he didn't have many antelope. Plan B was a small piece of ground so I was pretty much limited to whatever was on the place which was a couple of small/dink bucks and maybe a dozen does. Thus I was relegated to being a meat hunter. Considering the weather now and coming up it was just as well. Unfortunately the locker is short handed so now we have to sit until Sunday.

What's the cost to access those properties for "meat bucks"?

What's the cost to access those properties for "meat bucks"?

I've known him a long time. He was the one who referred me to the rancher that I have used off and on the last 20 years or so. There was no charge. To him the lopes were a nuisance. I asked him where they went to water and he said his lawn. Hated to waste a high dollar tag on a meat buck but it was what it was. Or I could sit home and eat the tag. A nicer one supposedly visited the does on a regular basis, but I didn't have a chance at him.

Last edited:
I've known him a long time. He was the one who referred me to the rancher that I have used off and on the last 20 years or so. There was no charge. To him the lopes were a nuisance. I asked him where theyb went to water and he said his lawn. Hated to waste a high dollar tag on a meat buck but it was what it was. Or I could sit home and eat the tag. A nicer one supposedly visited the does on a regular basis, but I didn't have a chance at him.

Nothing wrong with "meat bucks". Antelope meat is some of the best out there. Congrats on your hunt

By sheer coincidence I ended up making the acquaintance of the author of this thread NDMuley. Stopped at the Safeway store in Douglas and he was doing the same. Chatting in the parking lot he said that he had tags for 2 different areas. So I mentioned HuntTalk and he said he was familiar with it. I asked if he posted and he said that he did. Small world sometimes.

Did he bite?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back