Wyoming unit 71 ?

BobT

Any of you guys ever hunted unit 71? I wasn't really expecting to draw it (3rd. choice) just put it down on a whim. It looks like there is some accessible BLM land but it is chopped up in spots. I have maps in hand and a landowner list but any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Bob

I haven't hunted that unit, but have hunted close to it..From what I know of it, I'd focus on the north end getting access to land that borders highway 20..there is also walk in area's along the highway..let me know how you do.

You wont have any problem killing a buck on BLM/walk in area's..But the private in that unit has very good potential at a big buck.

Nevermind i guess. just looked and there doesn't seem to be any walk-in areas for unit 71. Sorry

I don't think I'll be there for the opener, I am planning on waiting a week or 2. I should have 2 weeks vacation left so I could hunt for about 10 days or so with drive time. I am going to try to get access to private land and take my time looking 'till I find a big'un. I have a couple of doe/fawn tags too so that should help the itchy trigger finger.

BOB T how do I obtain a landowner list ? thanks

Casper Game & Fish (307) 473-3400

Thanks for the info so far!
Bob

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back