Wyoming quotas are down

I personally thought it was nice to see them doing the right thing and cutting tags. We'll be thanking them in a few years when we see the numbers coming back.

I dont know if I heard the guy correctly, but listening to the meeting in the link it sure sounds like he said that they counted onle TWO yearling bucks in 67..WOW. Sad to hear that, was a great unit

The population is impacted by so many things, I think the statement about conspiracy is off, Wyoming has one of the best game management programs in the us as far as I am concerned and if the experts say less tags due to a population drop I am for it, I want my kids to enjoy the hunting that I have!

Justin advised at the Casper meeting they've whacked antelope licenses in the Casper region by 14,000 since 2010.

Wondering if any of you conspiracy theorists are thinking they're exaggerating tag cuts in order to force the legislature to increase license fees...

Having hunted for antelope a few times around Casper in the last 10 years, I saw this coming long ago. You cannot sell hundreds or thousands of doe tags for areas and allow people to pull truck fulls of does out of units year after year and expect to maintain a healthy antelope population.

Their tag allocations in the past were far too generous in an effort to appease ranchers who wanted the antelope culled. A bad winter or two tossed in and you have the cuts we see now. I don't disagree with them, they are needed.

I would rather see the cuts now and let the herd rebound a bit over the next few years to have good hunting again by the time my girlfriend and kids are ready to hunt up there.

Guess I am going to look at leftovers as with no pref points and the cut in tag numbers ,I don't stand much of a chance at the draw.

Back