Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming point creep. How bad will it be for the NR elk draw this year?

Can't shoot anything if you don't have a tag.
If you don't have a pocket full of tags in WY as a resident you should seriously look at your strategy. Most guys crying about not drawing tags as a resident are actually crying because they can't draw those hard to draw units. @BuzzH has more tags every year than he hardly has time for it seems.
I'll give you antelope tags may get a little tougher to come by the next few years with this past winter kill. But if a guy isn't having good hunts for elk and deer it's his own fault and he enjoys a good truck hunt to much IMO. That goes for most Western state residents not just WY. WY is the land of opportunity for resident hunters. If I were to move anywhere out West it would be my #1 or #2 choice.

If you don't have a pocket full of tags in WY as a resident you should seriously look at your strategy. Most guys crying about not drawing tags as a resident are actually crying because they can't draw those hard to draw units. @BuzzH has more tags every year than he hardly has time for it seems.
I'll give you antelope tags may get a little tougher to come by the next few years with this past winter kill. But if a guy isn't having good hunts for elk and deer it's his own fault and he enjoys a good truck hunt to much IMO. That goes for most Western state residents not just WY. WY is the land of opportunity for resident hunters. If I were to move anywhere out West it would be my #1 or #2 choice.
I agree, it is about as good as it gets living here. Every fall I have a pocket full of tags and a reasonable expectation to fill several. That being said, I have a soft spot for the old timer that has hunted lope or elk in the same area for years and no longer get a tag while NR are in there hunting.

Anyone can get Wyoming resident tags, just live here for a year.

I have a soft spot for the old timer that has hunted lope or elk in the same area for years and no longer get a tag while NR are in there hunting.
Unfortunately the only constant in this world is change. We all know that a key to hunting success is adaptability. It doesn’t matter if you are just starting out, or a crusty old elk hunter.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back