Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming gen areas

I would say that if the tag specifically says it's valid on private land, you can't hunt public with it.

No wiser is correct. They "type" of tag you have in each area is specific. Is your tag a type 1? 6? Let us know.

If it says private land only then NF, BLM, state lands and National grasslands are off limits.

The way I read it you have to shoot a buck on public land. On private land you can shoot a buck or a doe.

You need to look at the specific area you plan to hunt within Region A. It's pretty straightforward in the regulations. As a general rule, it looks like it's buck-only on public lands. Some areas are species-specific depending on the dates.

So if I drew a gen A tag,since limitations say private land for all 6 areas basically,a person is not able to hunt public land?
You can hunt public or private. The questions is whether you can harvest a buck or doe on private or public.

Looks like most areas are buck only on public.

Yes, Region A is buck only on all public lands and any deer on private lands . Check the season dates for each area.
Later in Nov. some areas got to whitetails only.
You can only hunt private with permission from the landowner.

I think I can clear this up... I hope anyway.

Dl, you’re just simply not understanding the way the regs are written. Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re reading the verbiage of “antlered deer off private land” as “taking a deer off private land” example “I killed this buck over on Ned’s place off his private land.” (Sorry to any Neds our there, I couldn’t think of a more Redneck name at the time! :) )

the term “antlered deer off private land” means that if you’re hunting any land OFF of private, which is National Forest, BLM, state, then you are required to take bucks only. If you’re hunting private land, you can take “any deer”

I think I can clear this up... I hope anyway.

Dl, you’re just simply not understanding the way the regs are written. Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re reading the verbiage of “antlered deer off private land” as “taking a deer off private land” example “I killed this buck over on Ned’s place off his private land.” (Sorry to any Neds our there, I couldn’t think of a more Redneck name at the time! :) )

the term “antlered deer off private land” means that if you’re hunting any land OFF of private, which is National Forest, BLM, state, then you are required to take bucks only. If you’re hunting private land, you can take “any deer”
Ok thanks,I was over thinking it!!!

Yes, good explanation POk3s.
I have a cow elk tag that is good off national forest, meaning I can not hunt on the forest lands but it's good on private land , state land and BLM.
The "off" verbiage means you can not hunt those lands mentioned.

Back