Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Elk - Zone 2

ginkgo72

I'm looking forward to building up some points after drawing for elk last year in 121. Anyone ever been to Zone 2? Fortification creek.

It looks like a pile of public land east of the Powder River.

thanks.

Can't help you with area2 was wondering how you did in 121. I couldn't get any info on it last season so I bought a cow tag to learn the area but had truck problems the second day and didn't get to hunt

My father and I did the same as you. Each got a leftover cow tag. I saw lots of elk and heard wolves every night. It would be a prize to get a bull tag...but a tough area to hunt off the beaten path. The locals treasure the area - so don't plan on getting any permission to cross private. 121 is a rough and tough hunt.

From what I've heard about Unit 2 it sounds like some really tough country that you can't even use horses in to get around much. I remember one guy that's very familiar with the unit saying that you need to seek private ranch access for good success, but if you ask around it's possible to get on some places for a reasonable fee or possibly free.

Back