Wyoming elk unit 66

Jbhunt51

Does anyone have any experience or info on hunting in Wyoming around unit 66? I am looking at a late season hunt with my son over thanksgiving. Tags are still available so that's a problem just not sure about the terrain.

Double check me facts cause I'm not looking at th regs but I bel its a general elk unit in the upper bighorn basin. Most elk hang on the private along the Greybull River. Can ther be elk that go onto the public desert yes but certainly not the elk area to make a special trip to. A local guy that can sit on the fence lines all season might have a shot but low odds of success imo.

I see there are left over tags in 66. Large area. Any advice is appreciated. I enjoy research and scouting and can take it from here. Probably be hunting alone or with 18 year old son.

Elk Area 66 is tough, tough, tough. The private land in this 1900 square mile area comprises less than 25% but the elk stay on the private land roughly 90% of the time. Later is better and barring blind luck many days can be involved in filling a tag.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back