Wyoming Draw Question

Camdu7

Thinking about picking up a Region C tag to have in my pocket for the fall but don't want to burn my points. I was looking at the 2015 draw and in the special draw there were like 400+ tags not issued. So my question is do the tags then go to the left over sales? Or in simpler terms was there left over deer tags in Region C last year?

You have to look at the regular random odds to see any leftover potential. There were over 800 1st choice apps for 400+ tags in C at the regular random level.

I'm not sure where you're seeing the "400+ tags not issued." What I see is a quota of 436 with 817 first choice applicants. So from that I'd have to say no, there definitely were not leftover Region C tags last year.

I'm not sure where you're seeing the "400+ tags not issued." What I see is a quota of 436 with 817 first choice applicants. So from that I'd have to say no, there definitely were not leftover Region C tags last year.

He was strictly looking at the higher priced Special Draw stats, rather than at the Random Draw odds he needs to look at to see what WB stated and that the final draw there was only about 50% odds, so there was no way there would be any leftovers.

So what happens to the tags from the special draw? So last year the quota for region C special random was 209. There were no first choice and a total of 13 in the second and third choice. In the special PP draw there was a quota of 604 with 310 first choice apps. So if added up that is 490 tags not issued.

I see that in the regular draw the random was 50%. But I though the special was a completely different draw. Sorry I've only hunted Wyoming a couple of times.

Tags left from the special pp and special random get added to the original Regular allotment then get re allocated to the pp and random portions of the regular price draw (75/25).

After the regular draw, if deer is like antelope they go back to the resident side for another pass then to the nr for another pass, then to the leftover sale.

why not just apply 2nd choice region C in special draw and get your tag/keep your points

why not just apply 2nd choice region C in special draw and get your tag/keep your points

He could do that and should easily draw. A benefit of the higher priced Special draw.

TG, I think you're still looking at the Regular side.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back