Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming cow elk

sigpros

Whats up with all the left over cow elk tags? I didn't draw an antelope tag and have the first week in october off. Also my new tent should be here next week too. I found some units with tags and alot of public ground I think. Anyone hunted 90,92,93,94,61,121? Some elk meet sounds good right about now. I have elk hunted 4 times in colorado and missed a nice 6x6. Buck fever is nothing compared to bull fever! Probally too late to get a hunt going this year. But would love to go next year. Any advice on these areas or another where a guy could score on a cow would be great. Thanks again

Look up HMA's on the Wy. website.Alot of them allow cow elk hunting ,and you might find some in those units

i am not too sure about the areas that you listed but i can say area 10 and area 125 are both good for late season cows i buy a area 125 type 6 every year and even though the hunt area is small there are alot of elk and the HMA in the area is great hunt also runs until the end of the year so you can still hunt in December.

I bought a 104-6. My cousins have purchased these tags for the last four years and have filled everyone of them. The season is from October 1st into Janaury. I plan on going in November after the snow has pushed them to lower ground.

Thanks 104 is looking up. I have been getting some pm's that it is pretty good area for cows. Thanks again

I called the Wyoming game and fish this week and they said for 30 bucks I can buy the non resident archery permit. With that I can archery hunt the month of September since I purchased the leftover cow/calf tag. I think we will archery hunt the last two days of archery season and rifle hunt the first two days of rifle season. Haven't heard if there is any snow there yet to push the herds to lower ground. The Uintahs did get a little bit of snow so that's a good sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back