Wyoming Antlerless Antelope Draw Question

I’ve been building points for buck antelope and want to keep building them, but I’d like to fill the freezer with a doe or two. If I put in my first option for buck and my second option for antlerless in a unit that has second tags will I lose my bonus points for the buck? Just trying to find out how I can build points for a buck but still be able to chase a doe or two. Thanks in advance for the help.

Type 6 are completely separate draws and do not use preference points. You will not be able to list a doe tag as a second choice.

I also believe their is an opt out box if you don't want doe tags if you don't draw a buck tag.
Doe draw is a separate app and drawing as NoWiser stated. Pick an area with good access and good number of doe tags, it is a random draw.

Usually leftovers for doe/fawn in northeast WY. Tough public access, but it can be done.

So if I understand correctly, I’ll submit an application for the type 1 & 2 buck draw which takes into consideration bonus points, then I’ll submit an entirely different application for type 6 & 7 doe draw which is entirely random?

I’ve been building points for buck antelope and want to keep building them, but I’d like to fill the freezer with a doe or two. If I put in my first option for buck and my second option for antlerless in a unit that has second tags will I lose my bonus points for the buck? Just trying to find out how I can build points for a buck but still be able to chase a doe or two. Thanks in advance for the help.
You can fill your freezer with a buck and still build points as well. If you pull a second or third choice buck tag you do not lose your points and can still hunt bucks while holding out for a “better” unit in the future.

Not to hijack thread but talking about antlerless tags. Assuming most people choose to get two tags if drawn am I looking at the draw odds right? Example..100 tags available and 100 people apply. I would think draw odds would be 100% but really if everyone chooses 2 tags only the first 50 people would get tags so draw odds would really be 50%?

Correct, the reduced price demand report does not show correct odds. On the flip side, every 1st choice applicant is shown on the full price demand report (a party of 6 is shown as 6 1st choice apps).

Does anyone know for a unit with limited doe tags, 10 and under let's say.
Do enough of the buck hunters get them with a successful buck tag that in reality it is impossible to draw without a buck tag also?

Does anyone know for a unit with limited doe tags, 10 and under let's say.
Do enough of the buck hunters get them with a successful buck tag that in reality it is impossible to draw without a buck tag also?

They're independent of each other. Drawing a buck tag does not guarantee you a doe tag, or affect your odds of drawing a doe tag in any way.

The opt out option in the buck drawing basically means "don't put me in the doe draw if I don't draw the buck tag."

They're independent of each other. Drawing a buck tag does not guarantee you a doe tag, or affect your odds of drawing a doe tag in any way.

The opt out option in the buck drawing basically means "don't put me in the doe draw if I don't draw the buck tag."
Thanks for the info.

Adding on to the questions; if you apply as a party (2 people) for bucks, is doe a party application too? Or can 2 people draw as a party on buck tags and get 2 tags, then one guy may draw a doe while the other may not?

Adding on to the questions; if you apply as a party (2 people) for bucks, is doe a party application too? Or can 2 people draw as a party on buck tags and get 2 tags, then one guy may draw a doe while the other may not?

They’re 100% separate applications. So you can apply as a party for buck tags, apply as a party for doe tags, apply as a party for both, or apply as a party for neither.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back