Wyo Unit 90 type 1

BucksnDucks

Hey Guys,
Going to hunt pronghorn with my son around Oct. first this year. I would like a motel room or cabin and avoid camping out on this trip.
Anyone know of good spot to stay maybe even with some good grub available?

Pinedale is the obvious "big" town, but if there is an area to stay that would save time and fuel that would be perfect.

thanks

Pinedale is your best bet. Wind River Brewing is a good place to eat. If you want better location I would recommend a motel in Big Piney or Marbleton. A few to pick from. Also CR 361 will get you across to the other side of the unit easily. Good luck and have fun.

Half Moon lake lodge outside of pinedale has ok cabins for about the same price as local motel rooms. They also have a restaurant that's good.

The Brew Pub is about the only other consistent meal in town for dinner. Heart and Soul has very good breakfast and lunch.

Another option is the Boulder bar, they have ok (not great) food and lodging on the premises. It's obviously a little closer to your hunting for fuel and time saving purposes.

Area 90

Hunted 90 last year for doe antelope and 130 for deer. Stayed in Rock Springs and drove forty-five minutes to an hour, one way. Hunted during the first week in Oct. and noticed that larger herds of antelope where more northward in 90, than in the south; saw first large antelope herd just north of Hwy. 351. Great home cooking restaurant in Farson!!

I'll see you out there. I plan on going the first weekend in Oct as well.

Thanks for tips. I'll take any help I can get. We switched units just before the draw and this is a totally new area to me. Hopefully we made the right call.
Can't wait to get out there!!!

Baerman best of luck maybe we'll run into each other out on the back roads.

The little motel in La Barge wasn't bad about 3 years ago when we were out there elk hunting. Hunted 90-2 last year and loved it. You will have a great time. Can't wait to have the points to get back there.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back