Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WYO Gen. Elk license

That's too bad because if you don't have enough PPs to draw the first choice tag in that first draw you would have to get real lucky in the random draw to get the tag and burn your PPs. There would be no way to get to your second choice since there would be no tags left and the same would go for the General tag. It's getting harder and harder to draw that tag and it was only about a 50% chance as a second choice last year in the higher priced Special Draw.
I don't think you could have got a special general elk tag in the second draw.

A few years ago you would have actually had a chance to draw the special general tag as a 3rd choice. As mentioned last year it dropped to about a 50/50 chance as your 2nd choice in the Special draw so it is highly unlikely that it will make it to 3rd choice this year. Good luck in the random draw on your first choice!

I don't think you could have got a special general elk tag in the second draw.

You can't just look at the draw odds for elk to see what I stated. The Legislature established a total of 7,250 full price tags to go to NRs every year. That total has never been met in the past so they go into the Special Draw and fill the number of applicants needed to bring the total up to 7,250. That draw is not shown on the G&F website. In past years everyone that had it as a first and second choice all got tags, and as was mentioned, even some third choices got them. Last year with the word spreading about that there were so many that applied that way that only about half those who had it as their second choice after the draws were completed that show on the G&F website that got a tag. If things are normal as the years go by, that percentage will probably go down again this year and it will be interesting to see what happens and just how far it does.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. We'll know for sure how this turns out in a week. I still have three points for pronghorn and mule deer I can fall back on. Last resort might be CO elk. It is definitely a learning game.

Wow a lot of info there. thank you all. unfortunately i did not draw so have to buy a leftover tag again this year.

Back