Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

WY antelope 5 pts nonresident

CONative44

I've got 5 nonres points that I'm looking to spend this year. Right now I'm leaning toward units 46 or 79, based on toprut data.

I'll be driving in from CO so southern half of the state would be ideal.

Anyone been in this situation before and have recommendations where to hunt?

Never hunted Wyoming for pronghorn before, but a significant portion of the state has dramatically been impacted by this winter. What type of hunt are you looking for? Trophy, high numbers, style? The trophy quality and population in many units is going to be way down. If I were you I would hold off for a couple years.

I've got 5 nonres points that I'm looking to spend this year. Right now I'm leaning toward units 46 or 79, based on toprut data.

I'll be driving in from CO so southern half of the state would be ideal.

Anyone been in this situation before and have recommendations where to hunt?
Are you planning on applying in the special? If not you most likely won't draw either unit. Even in the special with all the tag cuts not sure you could draw 79. If you're 100% sure you wanna burn your points and get out the game in WY do as suggested and find a 2-3 point unit. If not probably not the year to burn your points.

All good points... I'm not looking for a trophy hunt necessarily, really just an opportunity to hunt... but if the numbers are really that bad maybe this just isn't the year.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back