WTS - Remington 700 Mountain Rifle 270 Win SS and Laminate

Like @nhenry, I am a lefty and my 700 Ti in 270 is probably the last right handed hunting rifle I will buy, but, if I were right handed, I would snag this rifle and put it in a Peak 44 or Manners Ultra Classic Plus stock, add a trigger of choice adjusted to 2 pounds (helps with shooting light weight rifles), and top with a 2.5-8 Leupold (or something similar).

Like @nhenry, I am a lefty and my 700 Ti in 270 is probably the last right handed hunting rifle I will buy, but, if I were right handed, I would snag this rifle and put it in a Peak 44 or Manners Ultra Classic Plus stock, add a trigger of choice adjusted to 2 pounds (helps with shooting light weight rifles), and top with a 2.5-8 Leupold (or something similar).
Have you used one of the Peak 44’s? I was looking at one for my 270 but there’s not much out there on them yet.

Have you used one of the Peak 44’s? I was looking at one for my 270 but there’s not much out there on them yet.
I have just handled (but not shot) a couple on a couple of Weatherby Backcountry 2.0s. It would be a perfect match for the rifle in this thread.

I adapted for over 20 years. Never shooting a right handed bolt rifle again.
Been saying for years lefties are the most discriminated against population in the world, your comment confirms.

Nice gun BTW. Number of comments made without someone buying is wild.

Been saying for years lefties are the most discriminated against population in the world, your comment confirms.

Nice gun BTW. Number of comments made without someone buying is wild.
I reckon folks eyes are bigger than their billfolds.

You can thread 1/2-28 all the way up to 300WM for a brake. On a .270 you’ll still have .0875 wall thickness. If there's not enough barrel for a good shoulder you can register off the muzzle.
I dropped a 1/2-28 brake I have at the gunsmith. He is doing the measurements and is supposed to let me know if it's doable.

90% disabled veteran. Torn up shoulders. Titanium rod in my neck. Chronic pain. Just a bit too much for a light rifle with standard loads. Got it for an in case elk hunt.
I see. I’m just not a fan of the extra noise. That’s why I was wondering.

Thank you for your service. Beautiful rifle. I would love to have it, but I can’t afford it right now. Good luck with the sale. I’ll pass it on to a couple other folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back