Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

WTB-Tire Chains

EJDXT20

Doing my first hunt this year second rifle CO. I need to buy some tire chains, need to fit 275/70-18. Before I buy some new ones, I would like to see if I can find some used ones. Thank you.

You might just buy new. Those things get beat and you don't need one broken while in a predicament. I live in CO and my chains get hammered.

Look up peerless chains and buy on Walmart. Mine just showed up. $106 bucks shipped to my hose and in a plastic carrying box.

You might just buy new. Those things get beat and you don't need one broken while in a predicament. I live in CO and my chains get hammered.
I agree. Having employed chains each and every winter hunting season, I recommend acquiring good quality new sets. There is nothing worse than having to attempt to employ used chains with weak links or other issues. When you anticipate the need for chains or are stuck and require them to get unstuck ... you are going to want reliable, top shelf equipment.

Thanks guys. I am leaning towards getting new ones. I know sometimes you can find good deals, someone who bought some and never used them, but unlikely. I still have a few days to decide so I'll see what pops up.

I have a set at home that have never been out of the box. They were purchased for a 295/70/17 -but per walmart/peerless website, they are also the correct size for 275/70/18:

1634062153218.png

I got them three years ago but never had occasion to put them on. Where are you hunting in CO?

Could arrange a pickup spot since I imagine they are quite pricey to ship, but they don't fit the new truck and I've moved them to a different part of the garage 5 times.

PM me if you're interested and we can work it out.

I have a set at home that have never been out of the box. They were purchased for a 295/70/17 -but per walmart/peerless website, they are also the correct size for 275/70/18:

View attachment 197529

I got them three years ago but never had occasion to put them on. Where are you hunting in CO?

Could arrange a pickup spot since I imagine they are quite pricey to ship, but they don't fit the new truck and I've moved them to a different part of the garage 5 times.

PM me if you're interested and we can work it out.
Thank you. PM sent.

I bought Laclede cam lock v-bar chain online from autohauler.com. I have 275/65/18 tires. Read complaints from people having the same tire that the recommended size chain for this tire would barely fit. Called Laclede directly and was advised the next size bigger would be better if I was comfortable cutting off a few links. The bigger size also gave me an extra crossover.

IF you really want some on the cheap wait till spring and stock up for the coming year on a mountain pass. The good trucker chains, you will need a cutter or grinder of some sort to cut to fit.....they throw those things like crazy at least the ones that know how to put them on.

Doing my first hunt this year second rifle CO. I need to buy some tire chains, need to fit 275/70-18. Before I buy some new ones, I would like to see if I can find some used ones. Thank you.
I have a new set I never used. I’ll check the size and get back to you.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back