Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Woodchuck (groundhog) Killer :)

Shaky

Here are a couple of pictures of my varmint rifle.

McMillan "Hunter Class" graphite stock. Yep its PURPLE and WHITE marble pattern :)

Hart, S/S, Light Varmint taper, match grade barrel, .850" at the muzzle, 27 1/2" long, 1 in 16 twist, 22 caliber.

Kelby 30mm aluminum rings

Stolle "Panda" aluminum action, right side bolt, left side port. This action is used by a lot of bench rest shooters. The action is bedded and glued to the stock.

Jewel trigger, 1lb, with the safe inside the trigger gaurd.

Swarovski 6 to 24 X 50 target scope with a dot reticle.

I have all my "come ups" worked out to 700 yards.

Cartridge is a wildcat: 22 CHeetah MK 1

Basically you take a 308BR case and neck it down to accept a 22 caliber bullet.

Load used: 44gr of IMR 4064 pushes the 52gr bullet at 4280 FPS, measured 10 feet from the muzzle.

I presently have 600 rounds through this rifle. Another 400 and I will send it back to Dan Dowling (in CO) to have it re-barreled.

In the summer of 2004 I managed to kill 98 woodchucks with my longest shot being a measured 675 yards.

This year I used my buddys 17 caliber (centerfire) rifle to kill 25 woodchucks in 3 evenings - out to 250 yards. He loads a 25gr bullet starting out at 4100 FPS.

Speed kills :)

Attachments

• Cheeta1.jpg
    Cheeta1.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 509
need sunglasses to look at that iron. Sounds like a shooter. Ballistics sound similar to a 223 wssm.

My varmit gun is an AR-15 Bushmaster Varmiter, which gets the job done. All I got to say about yours is.....DAMN....Awesome gun Shaky

Back