Caribou Gear

Women's Hunting Pack

OpenCountry

Hey, I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for women's hunting packs? I have a Stone Glacier Solo that works great but I wasn't sure if they offered a pack that would adjust down to what she needs. We are just starting to look a little bit more and cost isn't an issue. I believe in the buy once theory and getting the right equipment the first time after many upgrades myself. The pack will be used for all types of hunts to include elk so it needs to be able to pack some meat out with it. She is approximately 5' 3".

Thanks for any suggestions and help!

Mystery ranch is having a close out on some of their packs right now and have sizing charts that show what to get for women. My girlfriend was going to get one but she is tiny and they ran out of the xs yokes and waist belts

I have an MR G5000 which is a discontinued pack but it's awesome. MR packs are super adjustable so if you can find the right size you can adjust accordingly.

I think what it really comes down to is having a highly adjustable pack, getting the right size, and then carrying the right amount of weight. MR does an amazing job at building a load-bearing pack that is comfortable to carry. My backpack is so cushy/comfortable--as long as the weight is manageable. A heavier pack--btw--is not necessarily a bad thing. My pack weighs more than many but the cushioning is worth it on heavy pack days.

Also, experimenting with different pack loads can dramatically change how a pack feels, and it differs from men to women as we don't have the same kind of upper body strength. So if one load doesn't seem comfortable, repack and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Stone glacier has different size belts and of course the shoulder straps are adjustable. They are a great pack love mine

Awesome, thank you. I got on MR and looked at some of their packs. We'll try to narrow it down and then have her try them on to see what she prefers when we pass through.

I'm going also suggest MR as super adjustable for man or woman. For instance I got a Melcalf with an X-small waist belt and a medium torso. With 3 or 4 belt, torso and yoke sizes you can make one of their packs work. I had to get a smaller belt for mine and couldn't return it because it was already bloody but they shipped me a smaller size for $26 and free expedited shipping. Great pack, excellent customer service.

Back