Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Women’s hunting clothing

C17loadclear

Hey guys,

I am looking to get my wife some camo clothing and need some advice.

Right now she is wearing some stuff that I already had but obviously it isn’t made for a lady. The jacket I gave her works good so my focus is shirts and pants.

I don’t want to spend a ton as we are still trying to see if she likes climbing mountains..😁

Thanks!!

My wife has bought some women's Under Armor camo. Prices have been reasonable. They're the only company that I know of that has a line of camo designed and manufactured exclusively for women. I use SKRE gear, but I haven't seen anything in their lineup for women.

First lite makes women's clothing, although I think it's pretty limited. My wife has just uses general outdoor clothing. Camo isn't needed

There are actually quite a few companies that make hunting clothing for women. There was a thread a while ago about this exact topic. Look it up as I think they are listed and it really surprised me how many there were. Sitka and GWG are two off the top of my head.

For pants I’d be inclined to look at solids from non hunting brands like prana, rei, etc..

I know GoHunt has promoted AzyreGear they’re female owned and built.

There are actually quite a few companies that make hunting clothing for women. There was a thread a while ago about this exact topic. Look it up as I think they are listed and it really surprised me how many there were. Sitka and GWG are two off the top of my head.
yes, there is three or four threads that I know of and all with good information from several of the women on the forum

First lite makes women's clothing, although I think it's pretty limited. My wife has just uses general outdoor clothing. Camo isn't needed

This is just one persons opinion ( with Bambistew, two actually ;) ) but unless you are bow hunting, camo is not needed, in my humble opinion. It certainly doesn't hurt, but we dont believe it is necessary. In fact we dont wear it. However when hunting the polar we tend to use black and white colored clothing, but not camo designed, just a black coat with white or grey trim. If she is new to the mountains, I would be more concerned about comfort and warmth than camo
Spend your money on a good pair of boots for her.

Thanks for all of the replies. She has good boots (first thing I got her) and the reason for camo is she is archery hunting with me to get experience and then hopefully she will have an opportunity when gun season comes.

In Idaho, you choose your tag based on your main focus of weapon. I picked archery (A tag) and we got her a B tag.

I've heard good things about DSG recently for women. I'm cheap though and get the King's Camo shirts on sale and have been happy with them. Archery pants were a nightmare to find but I've been happy with my pants from Cabela's since I didn't want to pay a bunch of money for pants that may rip. More companies are making women's gear which is nice.

Not sure how big your wife is .. I'm a smaller guy like 29 waist 29 leg. I have alot of trouble finding hunting gear that I like and that fits me properly. I got into youth stuff that fits great. Just throwing that out there.

Prois is AWESOME!! If you're doing any bird hunting highly recommend the pradlaan brush pants. https://www.proishunting.com/collections/all

I use those pants for trail work when I'm not hunting. They are that comfortable. They came recommended by a lady outfitter in SD

I've been pretty disappointed with the quality of scentlok / scentblocker / and underarmor for scent control stuff. The fits have all been big/too pink (ew)/not durable.

Recently invested in a bunch of Sitka for big game and have been really happy with it!

Prois fabrics have gotten much better recently. The early stuff didn’t breathe or stretch and then had a tendency to stick to your legs and restrict movement while hiking, climbing, etc. The latest stuff though has remedied that to a large degree, but the price also now rivals the other bigger name lines. The guys always ask what brand it is because they like the camo pattern.

First Lite is my favorite for base layers. The merino hooded tops are fantastic in a wide range of weather. Allow freedom of movement without being baggy. So far I’ve been happy with the durability of everything I’ve purchased. Their pants are also very nice.

I have not tried Sitka, and have given up on Cabela’s. I have a few pieces of SHE Outdoors. They seem ok and would be worth looking into for the lower price point.

My wife likes Swazi stuff, we haven't tried any of their technical gear yet but the fleece has been great. Cut well, nice fabrics, nice quality. They seem to target more normal sized folks in their shape.

My wife has some Prois gear she likes. She also has some Girls With Guns pants and shirts that work really well. She's 6'3" and is always trying to find pants long enough and GWG actually fits her well.

Catherine is 5’06” 115/120 she has had good luck with Sitka and Prios. Hates wearing boys clothing.

Prois fabrics have gotten much better recently. The early stuff didn’t breathe or stretch and then had a tendency to stick to your legs and restrict movement while hiking, climbing, etc. The latest stuff though has remedied that to a large degree, but the price also now rivals the other bigger name lines. The guys always ask what brand it is because they like the camo pattern.

First Lite is my favorite for base layers. The merino hooded tops are fantastic in a wide range of weather. Allow freedom of movement without being baggy. So far I’ve been happy with the durability of everything I’ve purchased. Their pants are also very nice.

I have not tried Sitka, and have given up on Cabela’s. I have a few pieces of SHE Outdoors. They seem ok and would be worth looking into for the lower price point.
First Lite $25 camo panties? I guess they're for back at base camp. :*)

I bought a nice pair of first lite ladies pants on discount 3 years ago or so and wear them all the time. If it's early season archery and it's hot I wear Kuhl brand lady hiking pants, that are almost like leggings. Other than that I just buy neutral color, discounted outdoor gear in long sleeve shirts or/and jackets. I don't get overly concerned about being head to toe in camo.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back