PEAX Equipment

WINTER STORM WARNING

Reddoggie1

Here in Michigan they have issued a Winter Storm Warning for us today. We're suppose to get anywhere from 6" to 10" of the fluffy stuff today along with some freezing rain. Looks like I'm going to have to get the snow blower running
frown.gif
. I sure am glad that 2 of our trucks are 4X4's
smile.gif

Dennis

Elk... First good to see you again and I hope your X-MAS was good and hope the up-coming New Year is good to you and yours. This will be our First actual snow accumalation of the year, and what worries me are the other drivers, they always seem to panic while driving, it's like they have forgotten everything they have learned through-out their yrs, this usally happens during the 1st snow.

Nut... I hope you and Viper had a good X-mas as well, and that the up-coming New Year is good to you folks as well. With that long drive you folks are making today please just take your time, but then you being from Ohio you already know that
biggrin.gif
. But I hope you don't run into any problems while out and about today.

Dennis

I know exactly what you mean about the other drivers. The roads become a nightmare with idiot drivers. The worse ones here are the ones with SUVs and other 4x4s. They think they are invinsable and they are the ones in the accidents an of the roads.

Hope you had a good holiday. 2004 so far is pretty fierce with the weather.

With 3'to 4' of settled snow I would guess that "Fierce" would be a understatement
wink.gif
. I agree with your statement about folks with SUV's and the 4X4's, alot (not all) have it in their head that they can travel at high speeds in the snow just because they have a 4 wheel drive vehicle, and the end result is usally tragic. Personally I have found that just leaving earlier and taking my time I don't have any problems and it also enables me to watch the other guy, and if needed I am able to avoid a bad accident (knock on wood). I have been driving 4X4's since 1970, and found the only time I really need to use it is when I am in the woods up in the Northern country.

Say Elkhunter did you notice my signature
biggrin.gif

Dennis

When i see them big SUVs driving fast and then off the road in a ditch or stuck i just laugh.
biggrin.gif

Reddoggie1
LM NAHC
LM HUNT TALK

Yeah, I love it.
wink.gif

Here are a couple pics when the last storm was just starting. It now goes out farther and all the way to the ground, or deck.

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

There are two units like that here now and two more very close to being like that. You can walk all the way under it from one side to the other.

We've got about 8" yesterday, and have about 12" on the ground,and the weatherman say's we will get more tomarrow..The roads are a sheet of ice..Lady Nutcracker, Quick Draw and I whent to get some cow feed yesterday, and it was just like a skating ring..Today we were to go to the in-laws for dinner, but guess what????NOT!!! The daytime highs for today is only to get to 28*

Hunterman(Tony)

I geuss you did get hit kinda hard with the snow down south.We have maybe 2 inches total here but this mornings temp was a brisk 9 and we've warmed up to 11 now.

I have been waiding in it up to my waist for the last couple months..I only have one more to go..I took a few pics the other day, but have to finish the role out and will get some on the board when I do...
biggrin.gif

You must of had alot of drifting cause that looks like alot more than 4 ft. of snow. Judging from those pic's looks like the snow is up to your roof
eek.gif
, Man that's alot of snow !!!!! Were you able to open your door, or did you have to dig yourself out???

But even still it sure is pretty, thanks for posting those pic's, you wouldn't have anymore pic's of your snowfall would you??

Dennis

I was in MI last week and you guys do need the snow. I know what you mean about drivers.Its kinda funny, My parents picked me up in chicago and drove to Grand Rapids. We were just south of the Zeeland exit (I was sleeping in the back of the van) and I felt the van start fishtailing, then we were doing 360's down the highway. My parents have lived in MI all there lives and they have been living in KY for about 3 years and they forgot how to drive in the white stuff. We hit a small band of lake effect and I offered to drive but my dad just laughed.

If you want more snow let me know. I'll send you some. We got about 71" so far and I dont want any more.

Dennis, those pics were before the next one hit us with 20" and winds. I will try to get some more pics. Those snow and wind sculptures can certainly be pretty. We have drifts on the roofs here that are 5' high.

Joel, the mountains here have gotten 10' of snow since Christmas so you can keep that stuff right up there with you.
wink.gif

We have 2" now and it is snowing still so guess it will be another fun day in the snow for me tomorrow.
eek.gif

Bill,
we havent got squat since christmas. we are in our "cold snap" now. we are lucky if we get above 0. Too cold to snow. If you want a reprieve from the snow, come on up and we gobag some wolves or coyotes, plus I could use the help shoveling the snow off the roof
biggrin.gif

I wish I could Joel. That would be a hoot. I would love to get me a wolf and have a rug made.
Once I get caught up on plowing and shoveling I need to start on the roofs. Our cold snap will be around mid to late January. I will be praying for snow then to warm it up.
wink.gif

reddoggie- What part of Michigan are you from? I'm here in the Grand rapids area. It's still coming down, but nothing phenominal so far to speak of. We could use a little after last weeks warm spell.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back