Winter is gone and bad weather is here.

Sunny, highs around 85°-90° with lows around 55°, you couldn't ask for better weather. I'm loving it.

Even here on the coast relief from the heat is getting harder. 81 today but last three days 91, 92 and 92. Second week in May! Really unheard of around here in past years.

85-90* is not safe for old grouchy heat haters.
As long as the humidity is low, I'm good up to around 100° The only problem is trying to keep the freeze stocked with Walmart Otter Pop knockoffs for the grand kids.

2 weeks ago the humidity was around 10% and fire season was on us. Just warmed up to 70's.
This morning the humidity is 85% and heavy cloud cover with heavy rain for a couple more days.
Today the monsoonal flow from the Gulf will blend with this odd Pacific flow we have had for a few days.
I have more rain in the gauge. Power went out for hours yesterday again.

Totally odd for the driest month for NM usually. All across the west today, slow moving T-storms.

Our morning before daylight temp low was 58. Instantly climbed to 64 with 34% humidity. They are not manning our Cal Fire station until June 24. The green is turning brown. The surface runoff is gone. Our ag ponds are dropping.
I have an interview this coming Sunday with the San Jose State University's Wildfire Interdisciplinary Research Center. They are looking at ways to fight these fires more effectively and how to control them to start with. I have been on these fires since 1984 and have thousands of pictures of all of them. It should be an interesting day.

It looks like a weather rollercoaster. It's been high 50's to mid 60's climbing to high 80's by noon. This morning it's 42 and we're fogged in. The elk have been MIA since the heat started. They were back last night just before dark. It seems they are a better weather predictors than the TV .

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back