Yeti GOBOX Collection

Winter is gone and bad weather is here.

Winter is gone here.
Spring blew through and it was 80 yesterday.
Clouds building all day and thunder rolling across the county, with thunderstorms predicted for a week.
Early monsoon is the word. Grass growing early.
It has never rained in May in 14 years here. I never remember a May in NM with rain, let alone a thunderstorm.
The range and the critters are very happy.
Rio is not happy with the thunder.

Winter is gone here.
Spring blew through and it was 80 yesterday.
Clouds building all day and thunder rolling across the county, with thunderstorms predicted for a week.
Early monsoon is the word. Grass growing early.
It has never rained in May in 14 years here. I never remember a May in NM with rain, let alone a thunderstorm.
The range and the critters are very happy.
Rio is not happy with the thunder.
Trying to rain up here - dogs keep looking to the sky to find the raincloud, just feels like rain. ABQ got no rain in April, we got both rain and snow, and the Jemez mountains still have snow on them. I like living in a place where I can see the Rio running full, can go down to the valley and buy flowers for the garden with the snowcapped Sangre de Cristos in the background, and breath the thin mountain air.

David
NM

First of all I hate the heat. 80-90-100*+ heat serves no purpose. I can wear a jacket or two in the winter but shopping naked is usually frowned on. I need a summer home where there's still snow on the ground.
Right there with you. Winter doesn’t last long enough. I say this after one of the longest winters I’ve been through since 2012.

After trying, it managed to rain. Not for long, but long enough to upset the dogs.

You folks that don't live in NM don't have dogs that get scared by rain....

David
NM

I still have snow in my yard, bit it will be gone in a day or two. Easily 2-3 weeks later than normal here. Tons of snow in the mountains still.

I'm just looking forward to my 20 days over 70 degrees. Today was the nicest day we've had this year, just over 60. I love summer here, just wish it lasted longer. It rarely makes 80 more than a day or two.

Dead serious. LOL

I moved from the central coast to SW NM and over half of NM is above 7k. With little to no water. Most every plant will rip denim or cut leather.
And when those folks go out in shorts or less,it is not a pretty sight. 90% of the time.

I moved to where there are few people, winters are fairly mild and a heat spell is 90. Get out of the sun and it's a breezy 80. When it rains it is some serious stuff at times and usually welcome. Take a jacket stuff. Wait an hour and it's over.

One trip to anywallyworld in NM ,in summer and you too will go to where they are not.
I watch surfer gals on yt to feel at home.LOL

Dead serious. LOL

I moved from the central coast to SW NM and over half of NM is above 7k. With little to no water. Most every plant will rip denim or cut leather.
And when those folks go out in shorts or less,it is not a pretty sight. 90% of the time.

I moved to where there are few people, winters are fairly mild and a heat spell is 90. Get out of the sun and it's a breezy 80. When it rains it is some serious stuff at times and usually welcome. Take a jacket stuff. Wait an hour and it's over.

One trip to anywallyworld in NM ,in summer and you too will go to where they are not.
I watch surfer gals on yt to feel at home.LOL
Priorities, you have them, and they are in order. My next trip to the water will be on behalf of @hank4elk.

Priorities, you have them, and they are in order. My next trip to the water will be on behalf of @hank4elk.
Thanks.
Most of my life was spent on or in the water. Been there done that.

I had a herd of elk walk past my house again this morning.
Now that is something I never tire of and I can stare all I want. LOL

Storms built on the divide all afternoon and some rain hit here. They are building again this morning already.
El nino and now an early start to monsoon season is a good thing.
And the new guy next door is planning on graveling our road. Truckdriver I hear.
And I have 2 excellent wells. I have 2 tanks and a big drinker the well pours into if I need to cool off. Brrrrr.

Rio & I went down to Reverse yesterday and it rained some down & back. We had just got home and it opened up,1st full monsoon storm. Black sky at sunset, heavy thunder and a deluge. Enough to make water run down the road. Guessing at a quarter inch in half hour.
Today is like July. Heavy rain in places forecast and 77. Monsoonal flow all week.

Weather update. Flashflood advisories in Quemado and Reserve today and tomorrow.
Lots of water in the Gila.

Mild low eighties yesterday. An afternoon breeze came up and it was tolerable in the shade. It's 58* now but the sun hasn't invaded over the horizon yet. The grass has already started turning brown. Another week and we'll be in explosive fire season.

I hate the hot weather too. Hard to think about hunting elk when it feels like 110 degrees. Worst part is Hurricane season starts in 2 weeks (June 1st). Here we go again.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back