Winchester model 70

I am a Winchester fan and guns like the OP's and Buzz's are very capable firearms for western hunting to this day.
With that said current production model 70 are much better machined than those older guns or any guns made in New Haven. The only down side to the new guns is they don't have the forged 1 piece bolt or the original style machined steel open style trigger.

I have a 700 chambered in .300 RUM I have hunted since 2000. Killed a bull every year with it since. Lots of soul in the rifle. And Winnie did chamber the RUM. Purists can't t handle it. mtmuley
The .300 RUM must be an awesome cartridge...actually out does the fabled .300 Weatherby magnum...but wait...then there is the .30-.378 Weatherby magnum...good God what a monster!

Last edited:
I have a 700 chambered in .300 RUM I have hunted since 2000. Killed a bull every year with it since. Lots of soul in the rifle. And Winnie did chamber the RUM. Purists can't t handle it. mtmuley
Yes, and both the Winchester Model 70 and Remington Model 700 were chambered in .300 Weatherby mag. I know guys that have them, and they like them a lot.

You wanna pit a vortex razor against whatever was alpha glass 70 years ago.

I’d take the vortex all day.
This is real true! I just happen to absolutely love my Denver Redfields. But in truth my new Vortex is much more advanced then they are. Denver Redfields are to me a part of my past, never let them go!

This whole thread has proven a couple things. #1 Every product made has it detractors and #2 Every product made has it's champions!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back