Votes: 48 75.0%
  • Limited Slip

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Locker

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 20812

Thinking of adding one of these options to my 2008 Tundra. My budget won’t accommodate both a winch and diff work right now.

Pretty much stock pickup except for about two inches of lift. 33” Duratracs. Chains for the rear. Compressor so I can air down. I always carry a coal shovel and am thinking of adding traction boards.

Which is your choice and why?

Daily driver? Selectable locker? Regearing? I'd rule out the LSD, not enough of an improvement over an open, regardless.

I drove my jeep with a detroit in the rear as a DD for years. It's ok if you don't need to drive in the snow on the roads. You learn how to feather the gas/clutch to let the locker unlock on turns. It was awful during the winter on snowy roads. Did an ARB after that, never looked back, ARB is awesome. Also have older Warn winch on it. Only used it a handful of times. Locker had way more bang for the buck. But the few times I needed the winch, I needed it.

If you need to regear anyway, I'd go selectable locker all day long. If you are not regearing, maybe just the winch.

Not re-gearing. Semi daily driver. Certainly not a dedicated off road vehicle.

Back