Votes: 8 6.5%
  • More than 100 years

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Never

Votes: 89 72.4%

• Total voters

Liver King’s take on beyond burger.
I got nothin...

Some interesting perspectives, thanks all. One thing I read yesterday that made me feel a little better (I guess?) is that the world population is only expected to grow to around 11 billion by 2100 and will level off around that point. That surprised me as it is a big break from the exponential growth of the last several centuries. If those projections are correct I feel like we have a better chance to find sustainable solutions to food supply with some room for real meat than if we were looking at 30+ billion.

Need a marketing campaign to highlight the benefits of naturally sourced food (hunting/gathering) and using best practices for meat production vs. the problems with monoculture ag production, round up ready soy, gmo soy, heavily processed foods, and everything else so people know fake meat isn't the cure all it's being sold as.

There’s a petition for a ballet initiative in Oregon right now that would make meat consumption in this state really difficult. It would ban hunting, fishing, and trapping, make raising and slaughtering livestock for consumption illegal, and make animal husbandry a sex crime. It won’t make it to the ballet, but yeah, this is a real thing to a cringe-worthy vocal minority.
What the heck do you guys have going on there???????? This can't be real.

It's driven by like 7 PETA whackos up in Portland. We'll see how many signatures they're actually able to get, but I'm sceptical they have the support. The initiative is crazy.
That's seems to be their MO; say some crazy crap to get attention and raise money to get more attention.

My son raises cows and pigs. The market is really strong for farm fed beef and pork. He could sell them as fast as he finishes them. Problem is there aren’t enough local processors.

I could see where factory farms might be made illegal at some point but I don’t think we will ever stop eating meat.
I have one processor that I feel strong enough about that if I can't take em there I'm not raising them. They are booked two years out if you dont call July 1st when they open the books for the next year your too late.

Reactions: JEL
I have one processor that I feel strong enough about that if I can't take em there I'm not raising them. They are booked two years out if you dont call July 1st when they open the books for the next year your too late.
Our state farmers union is working on the issue. The local college is starting an associates degree program in meat processing.

One thing I read yesterday that made me feel a little better (I guess?) is that the world population is only expected to grow to around 11 billion by 2100 and will level off around that point.
I read that from a few kooks too and it’s horse crap. the world’s population is NOT going to level off.

Well hell, no more pudding?

walltrauma2.jpg

What I'm saying is that people who have never spent a day on a farm Shouldn't be the ones trying to tell someone how to do it.
I think that it is also important that the producers that do good work feeding the public, take a little time to educate the uninformed on the good work they are doing, and how it benefits the public.

i think meat will eventually start getting taxed more and more due to public opinion and political tides that are loosely based on "facts" regarding health and the environment; people will start switching to soy or some processed fake meat more and more or quitting meat altogether.

then, some day, like nuclear energy is starting to in public opinion, it will begin coming full circle.

people will realize what processed fake meat is doing to their health and the environment and that naturally raised, naturally fed meat was never bad for you or the environment.

all that mono crop soy and corn though, soooo good for the environment.

regardless, meat is not going anywhere.

I do know personally (relative in the industry) that lab grown meat is real and financially backed. I can't imagine it and it almost makes me uncomfortable to ponder but we will see it more available soon...

1641233944306.png

I mean anything could change in the future, but if the trend continues global population growth will stop in the next 100 years. That doesn't mean that every group will stop growing.

View attachment 207663

I mean anything could change in the future, but if the trend continues global population growth will stop in the next 100 years. That doesn't mean that every group will stop growing.

And the groups that keep growing aren't the ones wondering whether cow farts are killing the earth. Think about all the people you know that have 4+ kids. What is the ratio of meat eaters to vegetarian/vegan?

That's interesting haven't heard if they are around here.
I think there was some money in the COVID relief business states got to help "small" meat processors. One of the biggest in our area got several million to increase their capacity. They were in the same boat as your processor, booked solid for two years.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back