Wild Game Meat Sharing

millsz

Dear Hunters and Fishers,

I am working to start a program that will facilitate the movement of wild foods into the hands of those that were unsuccessful harvesting or didn’t have the chance to harvest this past season. I have realized when I am unsuccessful hunting, I rely on a close network of friends to share with me their excess meat. This program would link hunters with surplus harvest to unsuccessful hunters or the general public as a way to get wild foods on the table so they can be appreciated by a wider audience. This program would include a large educational component to teach people how to properly manage their harvest as well as how to make haute cuisine from wild foods. My goal is to re-wild peoples food consumption, while exposing them to some of the less ordinary culinary arts that can be undertaken with their harvest.

I’m looking for feedback as I move forward with this project. My intent is to identify an interest in this program from the public (hunters and non-hunter), both from resource sharing and educational perspectives. As hunting grows in popularity, it is our responsibility to ensure younger generations have a full awareness of hunter ethics, and that includes a knowledge of how to use and appreciate your harvest fully.

I am currently trying to collect data on the interest in this program, so If you have 1 minute (shouldn't take more!), I would greatly appreciate any responses to the survey that can be found at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DG6LM5V

I am open to ideas and comments, so please personal message me if not fit for the forum!

Millsz

I'll take any yearling elk or whitetail off your hands.

Not to be picky, but I'll take the tenderloins of any yearling elk or whitetail off your hands. :)

I took the survey. I like the concept and think it's a good idea. One thing I'd like to point out is the question that asks what you parts of the animal you utilize won't let you pick more than one choice. I have a feeling that's going to skew your data. Good luck with the program.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back