Wife's New Stick

Anschutz

My wife decided she has wanted to go hunting with me (Awesome), so I started looking for a rifle. She's 4'11" so that cut the options down real quick. I want her first experience to be good and a quality rifle is part of that. I've always heard great things about Tikka. I handled one in the shop and the bolt was super smooth with a nice trigger. They make a compact version (Wish they did a stainless compact) so I ordered one in 7HT. It should be in Friday, I bought 40 rounds of Nosler Trophy Grade 140AB and a set of dies. I still need to get a scope for it but I'll probably be getting a Leupold V3i CDS.

Did your wife try the rifle?
Or did you buy a rifle for you, that she's allowed to use?
If it doesn't fit her doesn't matter if you spent $10K on it. She won't shoot it!

She has handled one, liked it. The only thing I chose was the caliber. She has shot my rifles before and the LOP is much too long for her. The rifle was bought specifically for her, I'd have to wear lots of layers to not get scoped. Like her carry gun, I will likely not be allowed to touch it except to clean it for her.

Last edited:
Well, tell your wife good luck with the new rifle and hopefully she'll have a blessed hunting season with it!

The Nosler 120 Ballistic Tip is an awesome bullet to try if she finds the recoil of the 140 a little offensive. There are a ton of threads on 24hourcampfire that praise them highly. Nosler beefed up the jacket on them for the silhouette shooters, which makes them a pretty stout bullet. They also shoot a pretty flat trajectory, fairly similar to a standard 130 grain bullet out of a 270. Lots of guys shoot elk with them out of the 7-08.

Good luck. I'm sure you guys will have tons of fun in the process.

Well, got the limbsaver for the Tikka. Definitely fit for the full length stock with about a quarter incher hangover on the heel. She wasn't a fan and doesn't mind the stock pad so it's going back.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back