Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Why we're going to war

dgibson

Here's an interesting look on why we're headed to war. When you put all of the rhetoric and high-dollar politics to one side, I believe this article defines pretty well what you have left. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You don't get to a place like this overnight. It takes at least, oh, a decade. We are now paying the wages of the 1990s, our holiday from history. During that decade, every major challenge to America was deferred.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A5709-2003Feb13.html

Good article D.

One question tht comes to mind is, had we done differently in Desert Storm would it have significantly change the course of events? Or would it only have changed the names that are beng dealt with today ?

It probably would have wound up like the Noriega thing; stick another guy in thinking he'll be better and then he's not.
shhh.gif

Really, though, I think it would have at least toned things down a little. We whipped his butt all the way back to the royal palace, then backed off and let him return to business as usual. Sure, the UN made sanctions and rules, but nobody bothered to check up or enforce them.
rolleyes.gif
Had we finished the job and dethroned the chump, I bet the next guy would have been a little more cautious about his affairs.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back