Who's watching you?

gouch

Now I am not a conspiracy theorist and I don't wear a tin hat and I really don't think I am a paranoid person at all...BUT!

Last night my SIL, whose house burned down along with mine had retrieved his gun safe. We were talking about some of the stuff that burned inside it. He mentioned his elk call and duck call. That reminded me that I had all sorts of calls that I needed to replace. Now the scary part. I logged onto the internet a few minutes ago and there, on my home page was a large add for predator calls. I have never Googled game calls of any kind. I have never looked at them on Amazon or any other store site and I have never seen an add like that before.

HOW DID THEY KNOW!?

You have a smart phone or an Alexa or any similar device? If so, it's always listening. If your smart phone is attached to any of your accounts (email, social media, etc.), they get linked somehow. Even if you turn on privacy settings, it's still listening. My wife and I both have this happen regularly.

Everything you want to know... "They" are listening. Even when your phone or computer is turned off.

I think it really is just a coincidence. How many times have you logged on and there was an add for predator calls and you didn't even pay attention to it? They will know that you like hunting and fishing based on your browsing so they are going to try to focus that type of advertising on you. I don't buy into the phone listening to you and targeting an ad. If it did I think they would do it more often. I've had stuff like that happen a few times but I think it is just a coincidence. The other 360 days of the year I log on and it is just some junk add.

There is no doubt that all the accounts are linked in though. I've been looking at new pickups and now my work, home and even facebook account is loaded with new truck ads.

Your phones definitely listen to your conversations. To test this a friend of mine who only speaks english started listening to spanish radio all the time while he was in his truck. After a week or two his ads started showing up in spanish.

I think it really is just a coincidence. How many times have you logged on and there was an add for predator calls and you didn't even pay attention to it? They will know that you like hunting and fishing based on your browsing so they are going to try to focus that type of advertising on you. I don't buy into the phone listening to you and targeting an ad. If it did I think they would do it more often. I've had stuff like that happen a few times but I think it is just a coincidence. The other 360 days of the year I log on and it is just some junk add.

There is no doubt that all the accounts are linked in though. I've been looking at new pickups and now my work, home and even facebook account is loaded with new truck ads.

It has already been exposed that Google and facebook, probably others, have algorithms that listen and track you all the time. Even where you go. They post ads based on that information and get paid to do so. You really have no privacy in this area.

I'm sure it was coincidence but it is fun to think otherwise. My insurance company told me to list everything I lost in the fire along with replacement costs so I have been checking prices of everything on line. I think the algorism that targets me with adds is going to burn out trying to keep up.

My daughter got a swimsuit that came with a mermaid tail, the first time she wore it we were out swimming around some rocks away from shore. I mentioned the old movie Splash to my wife and we talked about it briefly. When we went back to shore the first thing my wife sees on her phone is something about the movie Splash and some other mermaid related add.

Had a coworker who tried on a red sweater, walked out of the dressing room and had an add for a similar red sweater on her phone.

It is real. I was talking with a coworker about using some epoxy to fix some minor rot in a RV slideout floor. Guess what popped up on my phone as a suggestion to buy at amazon?? Marine epoxy. Go to facebook settings on your phone, disable permissions to your phones microphone. Check permission setting for any app that doesnt need your mic and disable it. Seriously, you will be shocked at apps that have permission to use your phones mic. Amazon shopping?? Hmmmm like I need the mic on for that. This is for android, but go to settings, privacy, permissions or permissions manager, disable the mic for anything that you do not use your voice on.

Last edited:
If you don't want it, turn off the voice recognition on your phone, but then you can't ask google to "navigate to....", you can also do app permissions and turn off the location tracking and microphone access.

Everyone installs these apps and the "we would like access to the following" screen and they just ignore it and say "yes", well, you asked for it, you got it.....

If your phone responds to "Hey Google" or "Hey Siri", of course it is listening to you all the time. Whether or not a program is simply activated by the recognition of those audible patterns, or if it is caching keywords in conversations and selling that data in a form of surveillance capitalism, I think is complicated and varied and I won't claim to know the answer.

Here's a similar story, and I don't think it is apophenia.

This summer I was deep in the Tobacco Roots with my wife and some friends.We had no service. We got drunk and spent half the night arguing over bidet toilets. Are they the future? Superior to toilet paper? Risks, rewards, etc. Again, we had no service and dropped the subject after we went to bed.

Sunday afternoon, I pulled into the gas station at Cardwell. It was the first time my phone had had service in two days. I open up the ole Facebook, and my feed is filled with ads regarding bidets. Certainly could be a coincidence, and OJ certainly could've been innocent.

And by the way, I've never tried one, but I believe they are the future.

I've often said to me wife, I need to go to the dentist, I haven't been since I was in the army. For some reason on my Instagram when I go to the search, in the random pictures it pulls in it is peppered with pics of dental procedures. I would never in a million years search dentist on Instagram, but it loves pulling them up for me.

Yes it happens way too often to be coincidence. I see it all the time. I feel sorry for my poor phones ears sometimes...

Just went into Settings...Privacy....Microphone and turned all apps off. Will see what that does.

Check out the Joe Rogan podcast with Edward Snowden. Really good explanation on how your phone tracks and listens to all your activities.

This spring we went to the desert and saw some tacticool guys shooting their AR-15s with body armor and all the other shit they wear. We kind of joked about them.

When the rioting started and the police stood back and did nothing as thugs burned down people’s businesses, I half jokingly said to my wife, “maybe those guys aren’t that crazy. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to buy a couple bullet proof vests. Perhaps everybody should have one just in case”

I have never searched for bullet proof vests. I’ve never read anything about them. Nothing not one word has ever been typed into any device about them. Ever.

I opened my phone and the first ad on my Facebook was for bullet proof vests. Then a few minutes later on a web browser, another.

So if I say...looking for single women in Dillon, MT...you think one will appear or is this something that only works with ads? Totally asking for a friend...definitely not me
Make sure when your friend ;) asks for this women in Dillion, Mt that he mentions that she must know good hunting areas and can pack out an elk.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back