Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Who's getting ready for 3D season?

1_pointer

I was wondering how many people shoot these and how serious they are when shooting them? I love to go to them, but can't get away as much as I'd like(story of my life). Anyway, I think that this would be a great way for some of us to get together. Anyone know of an upcoming shoot??

Whos getting ready? I've been shooting them for 3 months already!
I love shooting and use to be very competitive but the married life with kids takes too much time from me to be able to be my best. I use to be in the money in almost every one I entered. Now? I get lucky now and then but for the most part I am lucky to stay in the top 10.
Hey there is a shoot next weekend. Want to come? Long ways to travel for ya but its fun.
wink.gif

------------------
plunger.gif
elksil.jpg

Hubby is always ready. Been shooting every Sunday for months. Except a few weeks ago. It was snowing already a couple of inches on the ground and he headed south on Route 95. Traffic really slow, cars off the road, turned around and returned home.

Upcoming shoots - look at http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/3dshoots/main.cfm

Or sometimes can find more details at http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/TF/regional/threads.cfm

Child raising is in the past and hubby took earlier retirement. I went with him on a couple of long weekend events. I got a bow last year just so I'd have something else to do besides sitting, reading and cooking. Meeting great people and getting some exercise, too. Hubby was so thoughtful, got an air mattress for the tent, (have separate sleeping bags) but I kept rolling or falling off. Get a better night's sleep on the tent floor. Thinking about getting cots this year to put clothing and such under the cot. Wonder if I'll fall off the cot too. LOL

Another site of interest - http://www.women-outdoors.com/traditional/dates.htm

We have weekend plans for MAY- Buckhorn at Stockbridge, MA; JUNE- TBONE at Uxbridge, MA; GMTB, Jonesville,VT; Catamount, Bennington, VT; GATAR, Warriors Mark, PA; JULY- MTA at Durham, ME; ETAR at Coudersport, PA; AUGUST- Appalachian Trad at Ghent, WV; Hawkeye Trad, Buffalo, NY.

I use to shoot the circuit, and couldn't wait for the season to start. It would start with the first ASA tournie in Florida in Jan and then go every other weekend until the middle of August, whew!!!!! Who has the time to dedicate that strongly anymore. When I was competing I would shoot a bow at least 3 hours a day, if not more. If I rebuilt a bow it was nothing to shoot 8 to 10 hours straight settling in strings and getting it in top form.

With the recent drop of the NABH series, it at least will give the compeditors some time at home, but you still have to practice. Jeff Hopkins shoots his bows for approx. 8 hours a day. Has two 40 target courses set up that his friends change for him so he doesn't get use to the course. I am happy for them, but I don't have that much spare time in a week, let alone in a day
smile.gif
I stepped out of the circut 2 years ago, and focused on hunting with an occasional 3-D tossed in. Now that's a hoot!

PawsRI, there is a great trad. shoot held out here in Colorado about an hour from my house. It's called the Flattop Traditional. It's a national recognized shoot drawing people from all over the western US. If you interested in a get away e mail me and I'll see if I can get you a flyer.

Good luck with your shooting 3-D's or Hunting!

Later,

[This message has been edited by huntersvision (edited 02-23-2001).]

Huntervision

We take a long trip about every three years. Went to England when daughter was in the Air Force. Hubby has been on a ?Hog hunt at ?Kings Ranch. Last year we drove to Texas (Jacksonville, Houston, Austin, Pampa).

Now that we have the computer I've been putting together a scrapbook-like record of archery shoots for our future trips.

Will send mail with our address. Much appreciated. Thanks. Pat and Walt

I just started shooting at the 3D shoot's last march and I cant wait to get started again this year.I went with my husband to a couple and walked the corse with him. Then he bought me a bow,Im hooked.I shoot but just for the fun of it,and to get in shape for hunting season.

------------------
Debbie

Back