Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Who's coming up?

was much impressed with his hospitality and knowledge of Alaskan hunting.
Good, I'd hate to have to send Moosie up there to straighten him out after our trip!!! ;) I've been more than impressed with his knowledge on a variety of topics when talking with him...and he seems like a great guy.

1 pointer, I'll probably be out hunting in September, but might be in town at the end of your hunt. For sure I'd like to get together with you if I'm here.
Steiny, if you get a chance while going through Anchorage we should get together too. I think I'm heading out for brown bear hunting April 8 or 9.
Ken

Alasken - Sounds good. If we can pull it off, I'd definitely be up for a couple brewskies. Will need to check travel schedule & get back with you. Won't be in Anchorage for long.

Question - Past couple trips, I've stayed at Barrett. No problem with that place, but no longer than a guy hangs there, not much point in spending alot on a motel. Any lower priced, clean motels not too far from airport & lake hood that you'd recommend ?

Steiny.. We've always stayed at the Lakeshore Motel...It's only about about a block from the Barret, down Spenard toward Gwennie's...

Nothing fancy, but the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and it cost about half what the Barret did, if I remember correctly... It's close enough to the Regal Alaskan ( or whatever they're calling it now) to go over and have a couple of beers and watch the floatplanes take off from Lake Hood... Gwennie's is an easy walk for breakfast or dinner.. Of course, they have limo service to the airport or Lake Hood and a freezer room to store your meat, antlers and capes while you're in town... Like anyplace in Anchortown, it's a fairly short cab ride to the Great Alaska Bush Company...

Good luck, Steiny... If I remember correctly, KC, who posts on this forum and others inquired last year about a motel in Anchorage and found one that was cheaper than the Lakeshore... I can't remember if he commented on how well he liked it, though... You might rustle him up and get some more good info..

There's a couple of new hotel/motels in the same area. Don't recall the names right now, but I'll check it out and get back to you. The Barrett is a good one, but yeah, why spend the extra money on a room when you could buy me a beer instead. :) I'll check out the other places and get back here in the next couple of days.
Gwennie's.....mmmmm.
Ken

Here's the two places I was thinking about.
The Micotel is closer to the airport, has a free shuttle from the airport.
The Courtyard Marriott is across the street from Lake Hood and the Millennium Hotel (formerly the Regal Alaskan and I can't remember what else), walking distance to Gwennie's. Have breakfast at Gwennie's and a beer or two at the Millennium.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/ANCCY

http://www.microtelinn.com/

I know where to find the beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back