Who's coming up?

BW

I do recall that somebody here is coming up this year, but I don't recall who.

So, let's get some updates! Anyone planning a black bear hunt in S.E. Alaska?

BW, You inviting me up there this spring ? on a 5 day hunt ? WOW !!! You're the CHIT !!!! Tell me the dates and I'm there. :D :D

(Thats how I get chit done, Invite myself on things. Tell me we can Get 'er done so I can Buy the plane ticket!!) :D

On the AK thing, Deadeye270 and Tbone are going to hunt Moose and Bou up there this year. They are going to.... Like Kotzebou and then flying north from there and then gonig somewere called the Noadack ? Heck, I can't remember all the names of the Indian places.

I set it up to go with them but Next fall I'm going to be busy so I bailed out and they are still going ..... With out me...... No worries I'm not sad....... ;)

Also, Ithink 1-pointer and tnctcb and 1-pointer are heading to Kodiak for some deer hunting and fishing.

Good luck to All heading to AK this year !!!!

tnctcb, 1 pointer and mtmiller. geez moosie keep up. we are flying in to anchorage in september. cant wait hump

Let's see.... I'm just a poor working stiff ( actually semi retired) ..As much as I'd like to come up and visit every year, I can't afford it... I was there in '89, '91, '96, '99 and '02.... I'm due for another trip...Nothing definite yet, but I'm considering a Sitka blacktail hunt in '06... That will be my first visit to Southeast AK...My other trips have all involved hunting west of the Alaska Range....

Pygmy- I'll give a full report on our transporter after we get back, if you'd be interested in Sitka Deer on Kodiak. He's taken a few outdoor writers, Scott Haugen being the most recent and the articles were in Sports Afield (Nov. '03) and Safari. He's also taken Cameron Hanes, but was not mentioned in the article; Eastman's Bowhunting. If you'd like to contact him I'd be more than interested in passing along his contact info, just pm me.

1 pointer... I'd love to have the info, and I'm looking forward to your trip report....Kodiak is the place I will most likely hunt, although I am still in the info gathering stage... there are other places to hunt Sitka deer, but Kodiak is.....well it's KODIAK.... ;) ....

I hear ya, about Kodiak. The only other place I'd like to hunt them is in SE AK and do a combo bear/deer hunt. Maybe in a couple of years if I haven't gotten a bear by then.

Moosie, I have a boat out of Whittier lined up for the week after Memorial Day. A friend of mine from New York and I are gonna be dropped off along with my 14' skiff, looking for Mr. Big. So by a plane ticket to Anchortown. Oh crap, I guess you can't come up cause I didn't let you invite yourself. :D

1 pointer, who's your transporter on Kodiak?. Just curious.

Hunting Kodiak is a kick in the ass. I'm hoping to draw a bear permit for next fall so I can stick one with my bow. A friend of mine is a transporter there, so it'll be a pretty cheap deal for me.

Gents,

Sorry for the delay!

Thanks for filling me in on everyones schedule. Doesn't look like anyones headed my direction, so I'll just wish all the best of luck.

Yes, Kodiak is special. We lived there for 6 years, and while I retired on this side of the gulf (It's actually prettier here) we could have been happy there too. In some ways, Sitka is more isolated than Kodiak, and the waters are much better for travel.

Moosie, I'll keep ya in mind. :)

Alasken, If I knew you had a Good hunt I'd invite myself :D :D I always figure the Worst someone could do is say no. Where is Anchor town ? (Anchorage ?) Whittier is South of Anchorage on the Way to Soldatna kind of...... ?

BW, as long as I know you're thinknig of me I'll be ok :D

Team 1-pointer, Good luck on your Hunt !!!!

Art = Shitka right :D :D Tell that Midget hi from Moosie !!!!!

Getting the gear list together now..... I sure hope my expectations aren't too high....

I'll be thrilled with any legal bull moose. A respectable caribou and if a wolf stops in for a look then thats a bonus. It'll be a blast.

a couple weeks of real wilderness area north of the artic circle, sharing it with 3 friends from Idaho.

MtMiller, don't know Art Peck.
Moosie, if I knew I had a good hunt, I'd let you come up. Anchortown, Los Anchorage, Anchorage, all the same chity. Yeah, Whittier is just south of Anchoragopolis.

Here's a little primer for you guys on your way here this fall. Some caribou have been hanging out by the road near Cantwell and I was able to get some pics.
I wish it was a big white maned bull with long thick beams, wide palmated tops and long, long tines. Maybe some big-ass kickers too but alas its a couple of cows and a look at the same country in June

Attachments

• Broad Pass Caribou1.jpg
    Broad Pass Caribou1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 281
  • Broad Pass W.jpg
    Broad Pass W.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 283
Here's what ya Shouldn't shoot :D

141_G.sized.jpg

And although she's in the Trophy "cow" catagory...... I still have Dibs on a Male 'bou someday !!!!!

Let's see. I've been to Alaska in '87, '90, '93 and again last year.

I have a wife that I want to keep.

I better wait until 2006 to go again.

KC

Alasken, we'll have at least one night in Los Anchorage so if you'd like to meet up let me know. We'll be on the boat from Sept 18-24, but will have one day free either on the front end or backend

Moosie- Yes, Art Peck = Shitka Deer. I'll tell you said hi...with your buttcheeks! :D

Arts a great guy. I've met him and his family in Los Anchorage and was much impressed with his hospitality and knowledge of Alaskan hunting.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back