Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Who doesn’t wear camo to hunt

Butcher

Comparing prices on camo and thinking plaid might be my new color. I feel like I’m reverting back to my childhood of wearing a faded green mechanics one piecebut the price difference between camo and clothes that are simple earth tones are insane to me.

Comparing prices on camo and thinking plaid might be my new color. I feel like I’m reverting back to my childhood of wearing a faded green mechanics one piecebut the price difference between camo and clothes that are simple earth tones are insane to me.
I have a couple camo shirts and a pair of pants for turkey season but I think that’s about it these days.

I got rid of all my camo for big game hunting. I still use camo for duck hunting and turkey hunting.

I have some military camo that I got from the thrift store, a Walmart real tree winter coat, and some cotton mimicry overalls that I wear when it’s dry out. Otherwise, my stuff is coyote, grey, or green.

Yeah, today's camo offerings are too pricey, I have a few camo pieces, but for the most part, wear natural earth tone colors for hunting. Playing the wind and moving as little as possible plays a much bigger role in a successful hunt.

My dad doesn’t. I have some camo pieces but I generally use earth colors. The camo crosses over for archery and turkey.

The settlers back in the mayflower days didn’t have Kings or First Lite and harvested a lot.

I'll wear a camo ball cap to look for a tri-tip today...but I do still wear it.
Got rid of a bunch of old stuff.
Looking to replace stuff with the newer earth tone functional stuff.
Buddy swears by the wrangler pants, even wears them as Sheriff now most of the year.

My favorite jacket is camo. I wear it all the time when it is chilly. Not so much while hunting because I have become a fair-weather hunter in my old age. I used to wear camo all the time while bow hunting and I had a thick black beard to hide my ugly face. Now I have a thick white beard that screams "DANGER" to all the critters. So, it kinda defeats the purpose of camo anyhow.

My favorite jacket is camo. I wear it all the time when it is chilly. Not so much while hunting because I have become a fair-weather hunter in my old age. I used to wear camo all the time while bow hunting and I had a thick black beard to hide my ugly face. Now I have a thick white beard that screams "DANGER" to all the critters. So, it kinda defeats the purpose of camo anyhow.
Yep, pretty sure ole white eyes screams danger when my white hair is added. I have several head and face covers I use. Otherwise I'm waving a white flag in the woods.

Have to wear orange with a rifle here so that eliminates my camo a lot. If not I usually wear some camo sweat shirt or hoodie but once it gets colder just wear my old carhart coat

The only thing I hunt that I care about camo at all for is turkeys. Even then, I'm fine with wearing green or brown pants with a camo shirt. It helps that there's a ton of cover around here so getting your outline broken up isn't that difficult.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back