Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Who all has the 900 Montana tag?

Horn Seeker

I do, and this year I dont have a Longbow in my hand... so there is actually a chance some blood may spill. Wont get out till probably the 16th or 17th though...

Did they all go in the first round, as has been rumored? If so, that seems to be a change. Or, maybe some were available as second choice and some of these guys just screwed up their apps and didn't get any tag.

How small is this buck?? With very limited scouting time and not wanting to go far from home... this is about as good as I've seen right here around town....well, except in the city limits where there are some nice big ones!!:mad:

Give me some estimates on length and mass... I am NOT a goat scorer... so honestly..I"m clueless...

IMG_6028-1.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_6029.jpg

Is he a 70 inch goat?

Two weeks from today I'll be down around Terry, MT chasing them around. Hopefully i run into a fair number of them...

My brother and I both drew 900 tags. But with only 2 weeks to hunt and deer & elk tags in our pockets it's going to be tough to spend a lot of time to find a good goat. I'm hoping to at least get a few days for them, though. Haven't had any in the freezer for 2 years and I'm getting hungry.

Ernie, I'd guess 60 on that lope, but if it's the best one around, let him have it.
He's short of 12 length, and short of 5 on the first 2 mass measurements, 4 inch prong, 5 total above the prong.. just my guess.

I'll be out on the 15th with my 9 yr. old son. The last two years we have been sucessful spot and stalking antelope bucks in August. It's a great hunt to take a kid along on, always on the move, very little patience required until you're in close, then it's exciting cause you're close. He's never said, "I'm bored." while hunting antleope, unlike sitting in a blind or stand for whitetails.

I should have mentioned I'm new to this forum. BreaksRunner led me on to the site after telling me about he and Greenhorn's Wyoming bear hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back