Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Whites boots NEW mountain boots, thoughts?

NWmontanaOutdoors

Those of us from the PNW are probably mostly familiar with White’s reputation on their logging boots, but I just learned they made a new rand wrapped mountain boot. Looks pretty interesting, what do y’all think? Crispy/Kennetrek level? Will drop the link if anyone wants to read up on them. I’m interested for sure!

Attachments

• 9B43E2BB-38D7-4B6B-961B-F717D1AF3680.png
    9B43E2BB-38D7-4B6B-961B-F717D1AF3680.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 42
I have a pair of Whites Outdoorsman boots and REALLY like them a lot. You can just see the quality in the build. Like what was said, if they are made by Whites and not outsourced, they should be excellent quality.

For those of you that have them:
- How stiff are they
- are they custom built
- can they be rebuilt.
Just looking at them, I can pretty well guarantee they can be resoled. The midsole/sole looks about identical to my Zamberlans.

Would imagine they can be resoled with today’s tech most footwear companies have. Whites has always stood behind their products, outsourced or not I don’t see that changing. Given the leather used im assuming they will be pretty rigid, stiff boots. Have talked to a few guys who are finding these at Bob Wards right now for around $299. If anything I will purchase and drop a review on them in the next month.

Would imagine they can be resoled with today’s tech most footwear companies have.
Dave Page in Seattle does an excellent job at resoling mountaineering boots. He's done several pairs for me over the years, and is also an authorized warranty repair shop for many of the European boots.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back