Caribou Gear Tarp

Whisky = Idea

Where do you seat a boat tail?
I don't use boattaol much. When I have I used the same OLL id do for flat base bullet's. I have one set of dies for my rifles and I generally only load one bullet wt. set the die for one weight and the OLL will work with each bullet.

I just had to chime in here and say I feel like the guy driving a stock model Chevy half ton, with a buncha guys talking about modding diesels.

7 PRC is a shorter case than a WM and you should be able to do well with a factory tikka mag just need to understand what bullets you want to use. It would be as simple as putting a new barrel on your rifle.

The SAMMI chamber freebore is LONG to maximize utility with bullets like the the 180 eld and 175 eldx. It’s too much IMO for the 180H and 175EH Bergers if you want to be anywhere near the lands so you could spec a chamber with less freebore if you don’t want to jump a long ways. Long story short, you won’t be able to absolutely maximize the 7 PRC in a tikka factory mag but you could get a lot closer to ideal than with a 300wm. My custom 300 WM uses 215 Bergers somewhere around 3.65” COAL. With the 180 class bullets in a 7prc you’d probably be closer to 3.40-3.45” COAL with a similar jump.

You would be able to load significantly more slippery bullets in the 7PRC and have less recoil = mo fun.

Edit to add: This article lists COAL to lands in a SAMMI chamber. The 180 and 175 Bergers barely have any bearing surface in the case neck at these lengths so you’d want to load them quite a bit shorter.

Last edited:
I just had to chime in here and say I feel like the guy driving a stock model Chevy half ton, with a buncha guys talking about modding diesels.
Can relate. Not that I don’t have the want or desire for it, just no budget for such things right now.

If your only complaint on the Seekins is the stock then get the action or barreled action in 7PRC.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back