Which Turkey Season

Jmnhunter

Haven't hunted turkeys since 2011 since I took my wife to out to get her first bird and we hunted the last 2 weeks of May on private land. The turkey bug never really got ahold of me, dont get me wrong, it was a blast hunting on the private land we used to have access to, but public land in North Central MN doesnt really get my confidence up. But now that my son has shown interest, I have been trying to scout areas out with not much success besides one WMA. Either way, I will probably be hunting turks for a long time from now on.

MN changed the structure this year where we can buy an over the counter license and pick one period (if unsuccessful, we can also hunt the last period). I heard early season, they are flocked up together, making it tougher to call a tom off from a bunch of hens, but I'll be on public stuff now so pressured birds later in the season will make it tougher.

I could also start practicing with my bow and get ready by the B season- Archery we can hunt all of the seasons; but right now I am leaning towards the shotgun (one season plus last season if needed)

So, which season does everyone prefer?
These are easterns

A- April 15 to the 21st
B- April 22nd to 28th
C- April 29 to May 5
D- May 6th to May 12th
E- May 13th to May 19th
F- May 20th to May 31st

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads