MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Which Swarovski STX Objective Lens?

Bowhuntrben

Not sure I'll be able to swing it real soon, but it's fun to dream (plus more tempting now that I've learned I can get about 30% off). Thinking about getting a Swarovski STX in the future, but I keep jumping around on which objective would be best....65mm, 85mm, or 95mm. I wouldn't be able to get 2 objectives anytime soon, so the 65/95 combo isn't a realistic possibility right now. I would want to use this for hunting from the truck but also for packing in. I've read of people packing the 95 in. It seems quite large, but maybe it's worth it? I seem to jump from 65 to 95 in my thought process since it seems either go as small as I can, otherwise if I'm going for the 85, I might as well just do the 95. If you were to pick one as a do-it-all lens, which would you choose and why? Anybody packing in the 95?

I have the 95 mm. I've packed it many times. One hunt I didn't see a road or vehicle for a week. It is big and bulky and not something you will be happy with if you want a light pack. I find I really only need it for evaluating antlers at long distances. Sometimes I don't pack it and only pack my 15X binoculars.

Price aside I'd consider the STX, but if I went 85 I'd just as soon go 95, then I'm lugging around a 95. :D
I used to be a two spotter guy, a compact 50mm and a bigger one to compliment it. I just don't care to do that anymore, I've found I'm happier with a single excellent optic to reach for every time. I've still not quite settled on what that optic is, currently using an ATM 65 HD for everything.

I picked up the 95mm on cyber Monday. While I have very very little time behind it, this glass amazes me each time I use it. It’s not perfect for all situations but what it brings to glassing I believe is going to be worth the size and weight penalty.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back