which Sitka camo

Jamen

I was going to pick up a few items for my upcoming mule deer hunt in the badlands. Was wondering everyone's thoughts on Subalpine or Open County pattern. I know it comes down to using the wind and terrain to your advantage over which camo pattern or camo at all. I am leaning more toward the subalpine for earlier season bow hunting as well. Sitka noob here just wanted to hear if anyone had any personal preferences.

Thanks Jamen

Is your favorite color red, or blue? Do you like stripes, or polka dots? Really the only relevance is how you want to look in your hunting uniform. A Sitka marketing guy once told me they had some long underwear made in just solid colors, which they could hardly sell, but the camo underwear would go like hot cakes.

I buy the solid colors if they are available in any Sitka item, just me think they look better and perform just as well. Between their two camo pattens I don’t see any difference in performance so I would go with whichever is more pleasing to you

I buy the solid colors if they are available in any Sitka item, just me think they look better and perform just as well. Between their two camo pattens I don’t see any difference in performance so I would go with whichever is more pleasing to you
That was my plan but when i got to the store their selection was mainly of the camo patterns. I like the solid colors more applications.

Is your favorite color red, or blue? Do you like stripes, or polka dots? Really the only relevance is how you want to look in your hunting uniform. A Sitka marketing guy once told me they had some long underwear made in just solid colors, which they could hardly sell, but the camo underwear would go like hot cakes.
The hunting uniform thing brings back a memory. Years ago I was talking to a 10 year old kid at the house who asked me what I used the guns in my safe for. I told him that I used most of them for hunting. He said "I figured you liked to hunt because you wear your uniform a lot". I used to wear a flannel camo shirt quite a bit, and it was the only piece of camo that I owned.

I had never thought of it like that but it stuck in my head like a song, a couple of days later I tossed it in the trash.

Like others have said, the solids are nice. I’ve been getting into those lately and like the fact that I can wear them as everyday attire too.
That said, I still think the coolest pattern is optifade open country. I got into it about 3 years ago and have now acquired virtually every piece available in that pattern lol.
I also use it for eastern spring turkey hunting (one of the few types of hunting where camo actually matters) and have had great success with it.

The completely matching uniforms are the best- especially when worn by a group of people.

If you’re looking to completely maximize your uniform “performance”. Go with the reigning champion of camo patterns for badlands mule deer and other species..

View attachment 199320
My wife says my camo looks like jammies and I need footies on them, I really need to switch to this pattern.

1635273574110.png

1635273803379.png

Let us not forget that the one single most important piece of a camo ensemble is......

The matching flat brim trucker hat. Complete with sweat bands from grinding at the gym all summer long.

#hammer
#whatbruh
#comeatmebitch
#ballsdeep

The completely matching uniforms are the best- especially when worn by a group of people.

If you’re looking to completely maximize your uniform “performance”. Go with the reigning champion of camo patterns for badlands mule deer and other species..

View attachment 199320
Pretty certain there could be a separate thread dedicated to name this camo.
What happens if you sit in a snowpack, does the camo appearance change?

Get whichever you like. Deer don’t see the way we do. I’ve seen some studies that think wearing the same color or pattern head to toe looks like a big blob that’s easy to see to deer & elk. It’s really just marketing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back