Yeti GOBOX Collection

WHICH PART OF RENDERED BRISKET TRIMMINGS IS REUSEABLE?

Archelk

I smoked 9 briskets Saturday and rendered down the trimmings. I strained it into a bottle and let it cool. It separated and left me with the question, "WHICH PART AM I SUPPOSED TO USE?"

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1975.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1975.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 8
The white portion that turned solid is the tallow. I use it for all sorts of applications where a fat is needed (mac and cheese, roux's for thickening, etc.).

When I render fat I take the trimmings from my brisket and put them into a foil pan and let that cook in the smoker. I've not ended up with liquid that separates between the tallow and "other juices" doing it that way.

THANKS! That is what I did. I put them in a foil pan and covered them with foil. The smoker I used had a griddle on the front over the firebox. I did not have room in the smoker, so I put them there. This is what I got though.

I smoked 9 briskets Saturday and rendered down the trimmings. I strained it into a bottle and let it cool. It separated and left me with the question, "WHICH PART AM I SUPPOSED TO USE?"
bet next time you do this you will remember to flip the bottle over when the fat hardens

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back