Which one last the longest

Bowedark

Which one last the longest, a dozen arrows or the target?

Not counting the lost arrrows.

I find arrows last longer the the target.

If you are wearing out your target before a dozen arrows, you are not practicing taking challenging enough shots, probably not doing any other shooting than at your target.

The target last longest for sure, for me anyway.

For me it was the target that wore out first, my arrows started taking hits when I got better and made a few robin hoods. Now I shoot one arrow per spot.

Carbon arrows or aluminum? Carbon will definitely outlast a target unless you lose them. If your ruining that many arrows with carbon, try not shooting three shot group. Shoot a five spot target. Aluminum arrows will eventually not be straight just by virtue of hitting a target and being pulled from a target. Correct shooting with carbon arrows you arrows should definitely outlast your target.

arrows last forever unless you do stupid chitt like shooting at something other than the target. that is why i got in to archery it was getting $$ to shoot the rifels for fun!

I guess it depends on if your shooting broadheads into your targets also. I seem to go through a dozen arrows a year maybe less and atleast one target a year. That includes a lot of practice with broadheads though.

Greenhorn said:
If you are wearing out your target before a dozen arrows, you are not practicing taking challenging enough shots, probably not doing any other shooting than at your target.

The target last longest for sure, for me anyway.

I tend to be rough on arrows. I shoot the regular 20 & 40 yard stuff, then back off to 60, 70 and beyond. Get out to a distance that I would never shoot at a animal from, then play around with shooting from odd positions, or between narrow trees. Shooting in a strong sidewind, ect.
Face it, targets are targets, but if you don't destroy a dz arrows, you don't have an excuse to get a dz new arrows !

My 3D antelope target will last a long time. Have had it for 3 years. I keep it inside unless I'm shooting at it. I'll go through shitloads of arrows before that thing shows much sign of wear. I have a Block target, same thing. I also use haybales, gophers, porcupines, etc. I practice at 70-120 yards regularly and bend, bust, loose, and ruin arrows nearly every time I'm out. Target lasts the longest, no doubt.

If I shot at 20-30 yards in my backyard every night and left my target outside year round, the arrows might outlast the target.

My Morrel bag target has lasted through about 5 years now. In that time it has had three covers but is still going strong. For lots of shooting with field tips I'm not sure a bag can be beat. I also shoot a 3d deer and another broadhead target so I spread the beatings out a bit. In the past five years I've probably only broken a total of 6 or 7 arrows also.

i'd have to stop letting moseley shoot to find out he shoots every night and cuts them in two in one year. he is 20 yrs old now maybe i should make him buy his own.
he also changes types of arrows all the time every time something new comes out he has to try it.
he is on his 4th bow and i'm still shooting the one i bought when he was a baby a old ben pearson renagade 2 he thinks i need a new one but it took my bull elk no problem last year.it is slow and still is just wheels but i shoot it as accurate as anyone with a new one who shoots fingers.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back