Caribou Gear

Which headlamp??

Awesome! Yeah, those seem like solid products. Guess I wanted something less REI styled haha but still a solid brand nonetheless

Fenix, the two I have work well. I also have black diamond and petzl Bindi. The Bindi is a great light weight option, it serves as my camp light and back up in case of failure.

Camofire had 2 headlamps for 30$ so I grabbed those. They have red, green and led. They are plenty bright and powered by 3 aaa batteries. They don’t feel as solid as some of the name brands but I’ll give them a try.

I like the Black Diamonds as well, I think I have 4 of them of various models, but always take the batteries out. The "lock" doesn't keep them from getting turned on your pack.
That happened to me on an elk hunt last year, headlamp died and I conveniently forgot my backup light. Quartering a bull with the flashlight app on my phone got old fast. I reverse a battery now.

I use a princeton tec remix with red. More importantly all my flashlights/headlamps run off aaa batteries. I pack 3 spare of the premium batteries in pack and never worry about running out of lights!

So it sounds like Black Diamonds are everyone's favorites. Totally on board with that, did anyone check out the other options? Thanks for all the help thus far!

+1 for Black Diamond. I always carry an extra headlamp too. Had a princeton TEC plastic battery cover snap in below zero weather one year. That sucked.

my preference is one that will get very dim and shine red or green. It's nice to have something that is bright but a lot of work can be done a lower light. I have had Black diamond and Petzl. Both work great. Fenix are nice too

I had a Petzl Tikka and was happy with it but somehow I lost it. I replaced it with a Black Diamond Spot and have no regrets.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back