MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Which 22lr for 10yr old?

10/22 can’t go wrong my boy loves his. Get a couple clips and a loader for maximum good times.

The only probleim with the CZ is that after you shoot it you might not want to give it back to your kids. :) In my opinion, bolt actions are the only way to go with new shooters. As stated above, having a live round in the chamber right after shooting is an accident waiting to happen. Plus, it is easier to feed one round at a time in a bolt action.
absolutely agree sawtooth. i bought my then 8 yr old son a cz-452 scout and boy was i hooked. it got expensive collecting cz rimfires that morphed into centerfires and handguns. i just recently bought my yougest son,also 8 now, a cz-455 scout and it too is an excellent rifle and with his i can upgrade the stock and barrel when he gets bigger. the 452 i can put a diff stock on but the barrel is threaded into the action. so, suffice to say i like cz rimfires especially "for the price".
Big Ed

In my opinion, bolt actions are the only way to go with new shooters. As stated above, having a live round in the chamber right after shooting is an accident waiting to happen.

don't forget the pumps and the levers...

The CZ is a fine rifle however. Probably the best off-the-shelf bolt .22 available.

don't forget the pumps and the levers...

The CZ is a fine rifle however. Probably the best off-the-shelf bolt .22 available.
ha brent! funny you mention that. the oldest boy of mine,the one i bought the 452 scout that started my addiction, got a hankering for a lever 22lr. bought him a browning blr 22lr last yr for christmas. thats also a darn accurate rifle. i'm just a bolt guy so thats what i bought my sons. i also, started them on irons but both of their eyes suck so that was a excercise in futility and i eventually before they,and mostly me, got too frustrated i put a rimfire scope on the cz and they really woke up.
Big Ed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back