Caribou Gear

When does your season start and where are you planning on hunting this year?

Mountain Boomer

My season starts April 2 and runs through May 6. I will be hunting in Arkansas only. I don't have enough vacation days w/ the new job to travel anywhere.

When and Where are you guys/gals hunting?

I am planning to give these Co birds a break, and head down to Texas to hunt with Shadow and Ol' Bob!
DS

Our washington season opens april 15th and i will just be hunting this state.

Kirk

------------------
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/kleuenberg/hunting.html

" TARGET=_blank>http://members.aol.com/kleuenberg/hunting.html

</A>
deer8.gif

The season here in North Texas starts April 7. I will only be hunting in Texas. Will hunt locally alot but am planning a trip to the panhandle to meet with Deerslayer and ol Bob to chase some prairie turkeys. Not sure how we're gonna hunt em, as they don't have trees in the panhandle
wink.gif
, look for them on the power poles I guess.
biggrin.gif
SR

------------------
3.gif

..."The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been"...

I will do the spring turkey bird hunt in PA. and/or WV. I am not just sure when it opens. I am also planning to do a spring black hunt with a friend in Alaska, from what he tells me, there are more black bears than hunters. That sounds good to me. Let me think a moment, black scat is the one that does not smell like pepper, or full of little bells, right? Gee, I hope I can keep that straight!
Be safe, have fun!
deadeye2

Season starts here April 9th and ends the second week in may.
I hope to draw 3 tags for the separate 4 seasons.

I will be hunting in my back yard .
Acouple of years ago one of the reginal directors or whatever they are called from the NWTF jumped the fence and was tress passing !!!
This guy will park and walk a mile to sneak in where he doesn't have permission to hunt.
he has been ran off one persons land on three different occasions.
Maybe I'll see his name in the local paper this year,I can see the headlines now.
Member and Employee of the National Wild Turkey Federation Arrested for CRIMINAL TRESSPASSING....YEEE-HAAAAA !!
Opps I got of topic,I apologize.
I forgot, he said he thought he was hunting on someones elses property and I pointed him in the right direction.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

http://www.hunttalk.com

Shadow,
I think Ol' BOB may have them in the same pen as the elk, or the next one over....
smile.gif

DS

a boss (osceola) tom in gonna do nose dive come march 16th at about 7:00 A.M.!!!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Nope DS, they're in my deepfreezer. You just have to find my freezer!!!!! You guys better bring a bass rod, we got 20 good bass ponds!!!Ol' Bob

Thanks for the "inside tip" there Ol' Bob......may even have to stock up on my ammo and jerky while I'm there....heck, a gun wouldn't be a bad idea either....now all I need to do is "rat hole" a little cash!
DS

Hey Bob,
What do you raise in your deep freeze. Butterballs or Pilgrims Pride?
biggrin.gif
Make mine mesquite smoked!!
DS, this will be a heck of a hunt. We'll just hang out at ol Bob's gun shop, dry firing all his new guns and playing with all his toys, hit the ole call a time or two, pop the lid on the freezer, grab eight big old birds (the limit is four per hunter), take some pictures of some stuffed birds, post em on the forum and everyone will know what great turkey hunters we are! Man, I see the endorsements coming!! I bet if we say we used some of GT's calls, we could even get him to pay our expenses.
wink.gif
Video's, TV shows...the possibiliteis are endless! Move over Jordan, Deerslayer and Shadow have arrived!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
SR

Now your thinking, Man!......but we need to cut ol'Bob in.....he gave us our start ya know!.....setting us up with his freezer and all!
biggrin.gif

DS

SR and DS , got my eye on 6 BIG Rio Grande toms 8"-10" range...I KNOW where they live!!!They're not even in the freezer yet. Ol Bob

What area of Arkansas do ya hunt Mountain Boomer Guess the Ozark Mountain region?

------------------
May The Beard Be Long And The Spurs Be Sharp

[This message has been edited by Beards-n-Spurs (edited 02-11-2001).]

April 15th to May 15th in IDAHO. It runs the same season as BEARS..... The only Bird I've taken is while BEar hunting. I will ACTIVELY pursue them this year though for the first time. HAveing $1 in the Pool MAkes it worth hunting...
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

CTH, Where ya hunting at in fla.????? are you hunting osceolas in central or easterns in north fla.????? i live in central and were seeing alot birds right now, things are lookin good!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Beards-N-Spurs, you guessed it. I will be hunting in the Ozarks. I will hunt some on the Buffalo River. There is nothing more beautiful than sitting high on a ridge top watching the fog rise from the river on a cool spring mourning listening to the mourning gobbles of a big tom at the crack of dawn. I just love it!! I am getting excited just typing this. Are you hunting in the Ozarks in Missouri?

Boomer

dko,
i'll be huntin' near weleka i think its on the east side of the ocala national forest....hope to have a good hunt as i know i'll have a good time...i just love being out in the turkey woods

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back