What's your favorite 6.5 ammo?

well, i don't own a cm but have the ballistic twin and more manly and sophisticated 260 rem and shoot 120 ballistic tip and 130 accubond without issues. and with my really studious old man the 6.5x55 swede likes 140 accubonds no man buns required for those 2 chamberings.
Big Ed

The nice thing about the creedmoor is almost all of them I’ve seen will shoot any ammo well. I’ve had great luck with my handloads pairing a 130 grain Sierra Gamechanger with h4350.

Don't need a 300 win mag to kill deer there tough guy...
You don't need a rifle to kill deer either. So? Most of the deer I've harvested have been with a .30-30. What does that make me?

In 6.5 Creedmoor I've used 125 grain Winchester Deer Season XP Extreme Point that shot a one hole group but it was a little too hot for my rifle. Extraction was sticky. I've got some Federal Fusion 140 grainers that are probably fine too but that rifle is the wife's and sits mostly.

You don't need a rifle to kill deer either. So? Most of the deer I've harvested have been with a .30-30. What does that make me?

A cowboy! I grew up on a marlin .444 & I liked using the 30-30 for still hunting in snow!

I've only shot one animal, a bull elk, with my wifes 6.5. I got a pass through and a quick kill at about 150 with the Hornady 143 gr Eldx factory load. It shoots good groups and with a good shot I don't see why it wouldn't perform on just about anything you could hunt in North America.

The 143gr ELD-x shoots excellent for me and has killed a bunch of stuff with one shot, the 129gr Spuperformance loads didn't group anywhere close to it out of my rifle. I have a bunch of 140gr Accubonds to try still and also looking at Barnes copper loads.

Don't need a 300 win mag to kill deer there tough guy...
I actually watched that show on TV, when it aired. I think he was shooting a 123 A-max, if I remember correctly. It shows what proper bullet placement will do. You need to shoot straight, and not necessarily pack a mega blaster. Based on the deer that I have shot this winter, I would not hesitate to use the 140 Speer Gold Dots on anything, I have not caught a bullet yet on four deer, with one to go to finish the season, and the test.

I actually watched that show on TV, when it aired. I think he was shooting a 123 A-max, if I remember correctly. It shows what proper bullet placement will do. You need to shoot straight, and not necessarily pack a mega blaster. Based on the deer that I have shot this winter, I would not hesitate to use the 140 Speer Gold Dots on anything, I have not caught a bullet yet on four deer, with one to go to finish the season, and the test.
I've heard nothing but good things on the Gold Dot. I hope to try them out for myself next season. Speer seems to be glossed over quite a bit for some reason.

I've heard nothing but good things on the Gold Dot. I hope to try them out for myself next season. Speer seems to be glossed over quite a bit for some reason.
Yes it does. I have only shot a handful over the years. Midway had these on sale for $11.89/box of 50 and a rebate, for a purchase of $100 or more. I bought enough for the rebate. I have shot over a hundred of them, finding a load that I like. I settled on 46 grains of Reloder 19, for 2740 fps, from my Creed. I tried pushing them a bit faster and the accuracy dropped off. I have shot them on my range out to 400, with a three-inch group. They appear to hold together well, based on my four examples. They blow right through both shoulders, and also expand well enough for quick double-lung kills.

This evening will be the final test, as I am going to try to stretch it out a bit. Everything that I have shot, has been under 200 yards.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back