Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What's your comfort level reloading for others?

I appreciate all the thoughts and advice. In the end, I asked my friend to use factory ammo (and lo and behold the ideal factory load was actually available online). It would appear that for me, the line of comfort is somewhere between loading for a friend and loading for a friend's kid.
Hmm, If you comfortable with your loads it shouldn't matter who shoots them. I have different loads of the same caliber for different people. I load lighter for my wife in .223 and 9mm but still above the threshold of effective for the purpose. I used to do the same for my grandson until he 'graduated' to full power loads.

Well,,, I have no reply for that one. I'm not big on trust either really. Every time I shake a mans hand I feel like I need to count my fingers.
BTW, I have cases of gun nails with little use for them anymore. If you ever get into central CA. you can take them with you.
I thought I had enough and was done building. But 10 times what I paid for the others? Jokes on me.

I've never done the reduced recoil load thing but that's the only aspect of this that would make me nervous.

Known, modest, high case fill % loads i would have no or even fewer concerns than cutting em loose with my rifle and factory ammo.

I've never done the reduced recoil load thing but that's the only aspect of this that would make me nervous.

Known, modest, high case fill % loads i would have no or even fewer concerns than cutting em loose with my rifle and factory ammo.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Those loads were developed with their guns to get the shooter accustomed to shooting the weapon.

If the load is proven and being used in my gun that I’m loaning, no issues.
Reloading for someone else’s gun that I have no control over, not happening.

I just reload for myself and my dad and we use his rifles when we do load development, that we can measure everything and have everything customized to the individual rifle.

I reload for me and my dad, each round specific for each gun so no sharing 308 with each other. I've always been worried about the liability if something ever happened...human error

I'm sure your right. Again the trust issue comes up.
I should have started 15 years ago.
I'd do it myself if the components and all did not cost so much & as rare as Nosler trophy AB 165's in 30-06....LOL
Hell I just paid $400 for 4 boxes of gun nails.

Worst damage I have seen is from underloads.
You are right..there may be the trust issue comes up.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back